Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Why does'......in films

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Apologise if it has been posted before...I cannot trawl the thousands of subjects that have been posted before,but......

Why does the hero always manage to find an empty parking spot just outside the building he is going into ? (Have you tried it?)

Why, when the hero is being chased by the villians does his girlfriend/wife ALWAYS falls over..?

Why does the heroes 9 round pistol shoot ten of thousands of rounds without reloading..?

Why...when the hero has a knife thrown at him it sticks in close of just cuts into his sleeve yet when he throws it back it goes straight to the villians heart or throat..?

I'm sure you can think of a lot more....yeah! OK I'm bored without my Albion fix....:whistle::mad:

Because it's a film.

Much like the Internet where we are all 6 foot 4 well toned Adonis like creatures who wouldn't shag anything less than supermodel looking women.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
cars exploding when shot (think Mythbusters did this one)

bombs always have timers on them. Purely to heighten the "will he disarm in time" tension. I remember coming across a website with hundreds of these.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Why does Henry Cavill wear a red sheet as a cape in the flashback where he's a kid (Man of Steel).
He then runs around the garden pretending to fly.

Who's he trying to imitate?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Why? When the villain is the only one left standing, and the hero has dealt with the entire gang of heavies, does the hero always have the most trouble defeating the Boss. Who always turns out to be Olympic Standard in whatever weapons the fight is taking place with.
Initially getting the best of the hero, the bad person will always ultimately be defeated.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its FICTION and you need to suspend disbelief sometimes!

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Why does the hero leave the heroine in a locked room to go off and hunt down the monster and then the monster gets into the room through a window and makes off with the heroine?

Why do the group of innocent teenagers explore an old dark house?

Why does the bogeyman who limps and walks slowly always catch the Usain Bolt sprinting heroine?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Why can't bad guys shoot straight?

THIS. 100 shots from point blank range all miss the hero.

My biggest annoyance is the voice the main guy uses, there seems to be a competition in Hollywood at the moment to see who can growl in the most unintelligible and inaudible voice. I have actually turned films off recently because the mumbling is so ridiculous. Probably why I don't like Godfather films too.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

My biggest annoyance is the voice the main guy uses, there seems to be a competition in Hollywood at the moment to see who can growl in the most unintelligible an inaudible voice. I have actually turned films off recently because the mumbling is so ridiculous. Probably why I don't like Godfather films too.

Shut up owl.

rool

Jul 10, 2003

Not just 100 shots point blank but the hero can run unharmed whilst 5 baddies are firing at him with automatic machine guns. He can then turn and kill them all with 5 shots from his hand gun.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why do people over-analyse films and expect them to be like real-life? :)

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
I saw The Lobster the other day .The dog certainly didn't survive in that film .Much to the distress of a significant number of the audience.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here