Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ice Hockey - away fans

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Been to a few HC Davos games both Spengler Cup and Swiss League. Great fun, the Ostkurve are vociferous in the support throughout the whole game. Games against Team Canada (when the rest of Switzerland turns up to watch their players) and against Zurich (ZSC Lions) are superb. Am actually tempted to pop over to Zurich as an away fan one of these days as it's a pretty cheap flight.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Love Ice Hockey & have seen a few games, as well as giving it a go on the ice myself for a while.
Been to Tampa twice to see the Lightning play the Red Wings & the Rangers - & also went to the Maple Leafs (Toronto St Pats) 75th Anniversary game against the Sabres in February 2002, which was amazing. Spent the afternoon in the snow at Nathan Phillips Square skating, before going to Gretzkys Restaurant for dinner, then the game....what a trip that was! Big fan of the Leafs ever since.
Over here we used to go up and watch the London Knights, & also the Wightlink Raiders over in Ryde.

Really miss not watching it these days though & need a permanent rink here....but how many times have we heard that?!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Been to a few matches here in Gothenburg. Frölunda Indians. I had absolutely not a clue what was happening. But I bloody loved it!

SwedishSonna

Aug 9, 2005
Newcastle upon Tyne
I follow Whitley Warriors here in the north east. Rink is a dump but it's better than nothing. We usually get around 800 fans or so most Sundays. Have seen it as high as around 1500 this season. Next away trip is at Billingham (Middlesbrough) in a couple of Sundays time.

Used to watch London Knights when they were still knocking about (team and arena now gone).

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Been to a few matches here in Gothenburg. Frölunda Indians. I had absolutely not a clue what was happening. But I bloody loved it!

Snap but only the once.

Watch much Swedish football?

Been to new Ullevi (IFK V Rangers Champions League 99 (listening to the Angels fans shouting wifebeater to Gazza with Swedish accents was hilarious, and Sweden v England Friendly 04), Gamla Ullevi (IFK v ? 97), HBK Halmstad (04 and 09), Friends in Stockholm (to see the infamous-well not really AIK v Orebro 14) and Elfsborg V Heslingborg in Boras 14.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Snap but only the once.

Watch much Swedish football?

Been to new Ullevi (IFK V Rangers Champions League 99 (listening to the Angels fans shouting wifebeater to Gazza with Swedish accents was hilarious, and Sweden v England Friendly 04), Gamla Ullevi (IFK v ? 97), HBK Halmstad (04 and 09), Friends in Stockholm (to see the infamous-well not really AIK v Orebro 14) and Elfsborg V Heslingborg in Boras 14.

Yeah I've been to a few IFK matches. AIK, Malmö and some others. Atmosphere really is something special (way better than the football). They just do not stop singing

I took my Brighton scarf along and blended right in :albion:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Seen the NY Rangers v NY Islanders game between Christmas and New Year about 3 or 4 years ago at MSG. ... sellout obviously, but not many away fans...locals explained that most tickets are season tickets..with a few sold through agencies for tourist prices that we paid...one scuffle below us, handbags, guys ejected...loads of scuffles on the ice, easy win for Rangers.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
I follow Whitley Warriors here in the north east. Rink is a dump but it's better than nothing. We usually get around 800 fans or so most Sundays. Have seen it as high as around 1500 this season. Next away trip is at Billingham (Middlesbrough) in a couple of Sundays time.

Used to watch London Knights when they were still knocking about (team and arena now gone).

Whitley was a palace compared to billingham. Fantastic atmosphere when full in the 90's went with Romford in the old B & H cup.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Seen the NY Rangers v NY Islanders game between Christmas and New Year about 3 or 4 years ago at MSG. ... sellout obviously, but not many away fans...locals explained that most tickets are season tickets..with a few sold through agencies for tourist prices that we paid...one scuffle below us, handbags, guys ejected...loads of scuffles on the ice, easy win for Rangers.

This is the first year that the Islanders have played at the Barclay Center in Brooklyn, they previously played at the Nassau Coliseum out at Long Island which was a bit of a schlep from town. Will always be a Rangers fan but it's good to have a choice of two NHL teams in NYC

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I went to see Buffalo Sabres when working out there
Have to say I never got ice hockey on TV but when you see it live it changes your perspective (notably because your eye moves faster in real life than the TV can)

Whilst there, one of the sabres had his throat slit by a team mates skate and was abruptly moved to the local ER

Games was delayed to allow re icing, removal of claret and news that he was going to be okay

Here's the video
https://youtu.be/PZ295luzhtQ

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yep, they were one of the best ice hockey teams in Europe and they beat the Soviet Union in 1957. All a bit before my time but they are part of our heritage as much as BHAFC.

I think the Albion played against them in some sort of charity event. Would be good if they could be resurrected. An arena could possibly be built at Falmer if there was the will to do it.

Are tou reading this Tony?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My wife has a cousin who lives in Connecticut, and a few years ago on a visit out there, they took us to see New Jersey Devils take on Buffalo Sabres. The Devils had just won the much vaunted Stanley Cup and were expected to sweep the Sabres aside.

However on the night, the Sabres swept to a convincing and unexpected 5-1 win. Have to say I really enjoyed the experience, have followed the Devils ever since, and would like to see them again on our next visit out there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here