Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dash Cams

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do any of you use these?

There seem to be some very cheap ones and I am toying with the idea of fitting one. Too many aggressive loonies on the road and it seems like a half reasonable idea to have one of these things, as long as I am not going to be paying £200 plus. It seems that there are some that are around £40, do they take proper videos or is it a crap image?

Anyone?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
With the country being simply overcome with cams I wonder how long it will be before newly born children will have a personal cam transplanted into the front and rear of their heads. All other cams would then be uneccessary..... :mad:

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I read an article in Which that reviewed 8 dashcams, and concluded "don't buy" for 7 of them. Quite impressive in a way. Have thought about buying one but haven't taken the plunge.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't dare. The number of times I use the C word when cycling down Victoria street and Kingsway in London would render null and void any claim my dependents may make when they extract the thing from my frontal cortex for evidence purposes after I've done the ultimate one . . . .

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Do any of you use these?

There seem to be some very cheap ones and I am toying with the idea of fitting one. Too many aggressive loonies on the road and it seems like a half reasonable idea to have one of these things, as long as I am not going to be paying £200 plus. It seems that there are some that are around £40, do they take proper videos or is it a crap image?

Anyone?

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thu-19-nov/product-detail/ps/p/1080p-dashboard-camera/

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I imagine a lot of people will be getting these for Christmas. I see more & more in my line of work. Which is great, professionally speaking.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
You can use your phone instead

But not while you're driving eh?

The dash cam I looked at in Maplin last year look useful - front and rear £120 ish IIRC
I was doing a lot of driving in Brum at the time and reckoned it was only a matter of time before it was my word against a nutter's

Changed job instead ....

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
But not while you're driving eh?

The dash cam I looked at in Maplin last year look useful - front and rear £120 ish IIRC
I was doing a lot of driving in Brum at the time and reckoned it was only a matter of time before it was my word against a nutter's

Changed job instead ....

:lolol:

You can get something that sticks to the screen and holds your pohne. I only know this as my barber showed me his time lapse journey around paris

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I don't dare. The number of times I use the C word when cycling down Victoria street and Kingsway in London would render null and void any claim my dependents may make when they extract the thing from my frontal cortex for evidence purposes after I've done the ultimate one . . . .

I've turned audio record off for the same reason...:eek:

NextBase 402G Pro is very good. Images good, small, display can be switched off to avoid distractions and not expensive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here