Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Bridge BBC4

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Recently rewatched series ('seasons') 1-3. Surely one of the best things on TV over the last decade or so. Fantastic stuff.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On the same topic...DNA finished this evening...ive found it very enjoyable ....including a cameo by Charlotte Rampling

Set in Iceland, this looks promising and starts next Saturday on BBC4.

03302158-BFE2-4155-8377-0602A8CCEAF4.png

Yet more Nordic folk being bumped off.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
On the same topic...DNA finished this evening...ive found it very enjoyable ....including a cameo by Charlotte Rampling

I agree, but the ending was a bit unconvincing. He's haunted over what happened for five years and it costs him his marriage, and when he eventually finds her, he just walks away? Hmmm.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I agree, but the ending was a bit unconvincing. He's haunted over what happened for five years and it costs him his marriage, and when he eventually finds her, he just walks away? Hmmm.

My reading of the ending was that having seen the affect on the adoptive parents and more importantly on the child of the reunion of Minna with her real parents he could not inflict that on his own daughter.
His own daughter was very happy with her "mother" and both were unaware of the false relationship. In addition he was divorced from his wife who had come to terms with the loss of their child. He was also facing a prison sentence.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My reading of the ending was that having seen the affect on the adoptive parents and more importantly on the child of the reunion of Minna with her real parents he could not inflict that on his own daughter.
His own daughter was very happy with her "mother" and both were unaware of the false relationship. In addition he was divorced from his wife who had come to terms with the loss of their child. He was also facing a prison sentence.
Oh I agree completely with your rationale, I am just not convinced that he'd be so level-headed about it in reality. Anyway, it was certainly another excellent series.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

You could add that his ex was also pregnant so she was sort of ‘catered for’....though I can see Sim’s point....but we’ve all agreed it was a very good series...I’d only picked up on it during the week (having been distracted by other matters) and binge watched the previous episodes ...That Saturday night slot on bbc4 has been must see watching for a number of years now...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You could add that his ex was also pregnant so she was sort of ‘catered for’....though I can see Sim’s point....but we’ve all agreed it was a very good series...I’d only picked up on it during the week (having been distracted by other matters) and binge watched the previous episodes ...That Saturday night slot on bbc4 has been must see watching for a number of years now...

I suspect it's a decade now, if not longer. The trailer for the Icelandic was OTT but we thought that the only prior series from Iceland, Trapped, was one of the very best

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Just realised Ive only seen three seasons... nice.

Going to Malmö tonight btw.. hopefully will survive.

Interesting that the Swedish actors spoke in Swedish and the Danes spoke Danish. Not sure I’ve come across that before. Or is that something that happens a lot?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
hampshirebrightonboy;959 3572 said:
Interesting that the Swedish actors spoke in Swedish and the Danes spoke Danish. Not sure I’ve come across that before. Or is that something that happens a lot?

Yes it happens a lot.

Swedes & Norwegians understand eachother. Danes understand Swedish and Norwegian. Swedes, Danes and Norwegians pretend to understand Danish.

This is some Norwegian show (all relevant conversation in English) that pretty much sums it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk

Worst misunderstandings happens when it comes to numbers. This is some British guy called Tom Scott trying to explain the Danish system (starts at ca 2.00):

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Slightly off subject, I notice that the French drama "Fear by the Lake" which started on Channel 4 last Sunday seems to have been dropped. I wonder if there is some nervousness as it about a deadly virus affecting a lakeside town.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Watched season 3 yesterday after discovering that I had not just one but two full seasons left to see. I think I stopped watching it because of thinking that it couldnt as good without Kim Bodnia but I was pleasantly surprised, close to the same quality as the first two seasons. Going to bingewatch season 4 tonight.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Slightly off subject, I notice that the French drama "Fear by the Lake" which started on Channel 4 last Sunday seems to have been dropped. I wonder if there is some nervousness as it about a deadly virus affecting a lakeside town.

All six episodes available on All4 on the net

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yep, a regular Channel 4 move for some pretty strong international (mainly Euro) series.

Will watch this after I have finished Wastelands.

Best Walter Presents was Professor T, brilliant series

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Third in a trilogy. The first two, Vanished by and Killer by were really good.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Oh I agree completely with your rationale, I am just not convinced that he'd be so level-headed about it in reality. Anyway, it was certainly another excellent series.

I binged it and enjoyed it. It reminded me a bit of the Arne Dahl series. Some (rather obvious) red herrings and a few too many coincidences involving the crime and those in/around the team but for limited budget tv still very good viewing. But mainly **SPOILER ALERT** who in their right mind leaves, to go to the toilet to puke, a child in their pram on the outside deck of a ferry in pouring rain and rough seas? That put me off for a while, as totally unnatural (and unconvincing) behaviour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here