Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manu

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Probably because he played for Holland at u16 u17 u19 u20 & u21, last year played for Feyenoord scoring 12 goals in 35 appearances including 1 goal in the Champions league and 4 in the Europa league and moment guestshe club thought he was a good prospect.

fwiw, I'm struggling too!

I thought he looked awful no pace whats so ever looked like he was carrying some extra weight just looked at him on utube and he looks in a lot better shape last season as for playing for Holland that does nt count for much at the moment soon as they have just failed to qualify for euro2016.def needs more game time I think obeika might have been better

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
One of our own players adapting to the Championship new Country team mates etc etc plays a handful of minutes and some think he deserves seven.pages of negativity. As for he 'has no pace' you must of been watching a different game he was burning the full back l think he could become a very exciting player for us overtime.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
One of our own players adapting to the Championship new Country team mates etc etc plays a handful of minutes and some think he deserves seven.pages of negativity. As for he has no pace you must of been watching a different game he was burning the ful back he's what I call a rough diamond has potential.

Agree - couple of bursts this afternoon shows he does have pace, and he's pretty robust as well. Needs more game time.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Give the poor bloke a chance ........and I'm sure he'll grow to be a big favourite.

Agreed - thought his finishing was awful but more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought he looked awful no pace whats so ever looked like he was carrying some extra weight just looked at him on utube and he looks in a lot better shape last season as for playing for Holland that does nt count for much at the moment soon as they have just failed to qualify for euro2016.def needs more game time I think obeika might have been better

What is this no pace he was very quick that was his one plus.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I was actually impressed with him when he came on - thought he showed great intent to get at his full-back when he got the ball.

Yes he should have done better with his shot, but he is obviously not match fit or sharp. I saw enough to be encouraged, he looked strong and direct.
Same

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I remember being at Leicester a couple of seasons back when their fans were giving Jamie Vardy a terrible time because they'd decided he was rubbish. Judging by some of the reaction around me today, we have so many of the same type of 'supporter' it's frightening. Players develop. We're talking about a young lad, just moved to a new country and new league, has barely played, and already some people can't wait to write him off. Ridiculous.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Falls over more than stays on his feet poor pace even poorer skill League 2 at best.
Sorry no good for this team. Worries me when our scouts are picking players like that out !

It is too early to tell for sure, but I reckon he is going to make you look a mug for that comment before the season is out.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I remember being at Leicester a couple of seasons back when their fans were giving Jamie Vardy a terrible time because they'd decided he was rubbish. Judging by some of the reaction around me today, we have so many of the same type of 'supporter' it's frightening. Players develop. We're talking about a young lad, just moved to a new country and new league, has barely played, and already some people can't wait to write him off. Ridiculous.

That's all that needs to be said. CH has said as much as well.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What is this no pace he was very quick that was his one plus.

Sorry can't agree, he certainly wasn't any faster than Baldock in my view, who I would class as having average speed for a forward.

The player he outpaced was a donkey CB, he actually didn't go round the LB at all.

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
He was really lively when he came on, had two clear shots and should have been through clear on goal. Really not bad for 10 minutes. He clearly snatched at his chances, but could be he was desperate to impress? Not a pup, but still needs time.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Is it allowed to suggest that his contribution, or maybe impact is a better word was far more exciting than Bobby z's??

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
His little cameo performance showed more promise than anything I've seen from him so far......though when Lua Lua is fit will he be in the match day squad?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is it allowed to suggest that his contribution, or maybe impact is a better word was far more exciting than Bobby z's??
Zamora should never have come on for Baldock, the fact that Elvis didn't is a little troubling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here