Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Big pie news for MK Dons fixture

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
To be fair, if you like cheap pastry the veggie pie is orgasmic. Got to keep the profit margins aloft somewhere, might as well not put any ingredients in. Pale veggies are always grateful for owt.

Anyway, one cannot complain when the stadium sells Snickers and sweet bags. #healthyclub

The veggie pie was brilliant, I thought. Really nicely seasoned and spiced. The C&O pasty though? It's been a let down so far.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
This was buried in the annoying-have-to-click-through-to-read-it-now Pre-match brief.

The guest pie for this fixture is BBQ Pork and we are pleased to announce, due to popular demand, the Piglets Chicken, Gammon and Leek pie will be returning to the Amex for this fixture.

Rejoice pie fans, rejoice!*

(* - but not the veggies who seem to only have the annoyingly poor cheese & onion pasty**)

(** - which is still better than what was on offer at Sheffield Wednesday. "Do you have any pies not containing meat?" "No, sorry." "Do you have any hot food not containing meat?" "No, sorry.")

oh joy! Clearly my pie buying strike has worked!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The veggie pie was brilliant, I thought. Really nicely seasoned and spiced. The C&O pasty though? It's been a let down so far.

Got to agree. My wife and kids are veggie , I'm not but did like the veggie pie. Not been back to the pasty since the first game. Piglets did engage in a constructive discussion after that game and asked for some ideas on veggie pies (I suggested a Bombay potato one and a veggie hash breakfast one) and they did say when they move to their new premises they would invite me along to do some veggie pie tasting

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
This will please Scunner Jnr who has been somewhat bereft of late, drifting between going to the fish and chip or sausage and chip concession outside, or looking miserable inside. The benefit has been that I have been able to enjoy a pint of Harvey's from the van which is lovely and better than the pre-poured stuff upstairs. Can I just say though, that I raised my eyebrows at £4 for a sausage roll from the Piglets stand in WSU, but still bought it. It was amazing, the best Sausage Roll there has ever been...trust me

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

April – Piglet’s set out in a tiny Pantry in Shoreham-by Sea (home town)

http://www.pigletspantry.co.uk/our-story/

PS: I tried one once. I would say they were 50% inedible (rock hard pastry), and innards (apart from the hole) were undescribable.

Not even the best pies made in Shoreham.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
(* - but not the veggies who seem to only have the annoyingly poor cheese & onion pasty**)

(** - which is still better than what was on offer at Sheffield Wednesday. "Do you have any pies not containing meat?" "No, sorry." "Do you have any hot food not containing meat?" "No, sorry.")

Tadpole eating freak!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This will please Scunner Jnr who has been somewhat bereft of late, drifting between going to the fish and chip or sausage and chip concession outside, or looking miserable inside. The benefit has been that I have been able to enjoy a pint of Harvey's from the van which is lovely and better than the pre-poured stuff upstairs. Can I just say though, that I raised my eyebrows at £4 for a sausage roll from the Piglets stand in WSU, but still bought it. It was amazing, the best Sausage Roll there has ever been...trust me

This. The sausage rolls are fantastic. Quite tempted with the bbq pork pie though......decisions decisions.....

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Chicken pie!!

Attachments

• WP_20151107_13_39_30_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151107_13_39_30_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 157

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006

I've just had a cheese and onion pasty, my first since the first home game of the season, and it's still awful! The pastry is rock solid and the middle is dry and flavourless. Bring back the old veggie pie!!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
This was buried in the annoying-have-to-click-through-to-read-it-now Pre-match brief.

The guest pie for this fixture is BBQ Pork and we are pleased to announce, due to popular demand, the Piglets Chicken, Gammon and Leek pie will be returning to the Amex for this fixture.

Rejoice pie fans, rejoice!*

"Ay oop, when we ad' that Brighton oop ere they were all askin' fer t pies wi no Meat. Fookin benders!"

"Well ayel goe to t' foot o our stairs, yere jokin me. Did they knoo the were at t' Fookin football not the Fookin ballet! Fookin mincers"

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This. The sausage rolls are fantastic. Quite tempted with the bbq pork pie though......decisions decisions.....

Must admit the sausage rolls are good, I have managed to buy 1 so far this season, I can never find where they sell them in the NS since the first one I do ask most matches but they do seem very scarce and never in the same place for more than a few minutes.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Must admit the sausage rolls are good, I have managed to buy 1 so far this season, I can never find where they sell them in the NS since the first one I do ask most matches but they do seem very scarce and never in the same place for more than a few minutes.

None in WSL today so had the BBQ pork pie. Very good. Barber IN [emoji3]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here