Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Wednesday don't rate us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
By far the most deluded and arrogant bunch of supporters in the division. I despise them more than Leeds.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yes, but one would assume the poster meant there was a bigger disparity in our numbers than other clubs.

Not this season. Definitely there was a large gap last season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Very much this. When we announce 23,000 this season, it really looks like 23,000 in the ground. Last season there were times when 26,000 was being announced when it was clear there were barely 20,000 inside.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
According to this match preview, we are the most fabricated supporters the writer has ever seen (whatever that means) :

https://owlsonline.com/?page=news&news_id=1508

Christ they love themselves don't they. It seems weird that the author admits he didn't know much about the club then feels qualified to give his views based on what appears to be him reading Wikipedia.
There's a lot of people that don't know our history, and I couldn't give a shit if they don't. There's also a lot that do and we still get the respect for all the work we did in the 90's and all the Fans United days. THOSE people are the ones I care about. I've never had a particular opinion about Wednesday, i remember them bobbing about in the Prem as I was growing up then seeing them fade into insignificance but that's about it. Perhaps they should take the time to read and learn about us before making claims, as I bet we've done a darn sight more for our club than they ever have.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I think last time we played them the Owlsonline preview was full of homophobic references so the writer obviously has some issues.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think last time we played them the Owlsonline preview was full of homophobic references so the writer obviously has some issues.
It's written in the style of a sexually frustrated teenager - a bit like the sort of stuff that 1066 used to post. The forum of that particular site seems fairly decent and a bit more grown up though.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Yes, but they haven't been to our ground this season, so would be basing it on last season.

Very much this. When we announce 23,000 this season, it really looks like 23,000 in the ground. Last season there were times when 26,000 was being announced when it was clear there were barely 20,000 inside.

I think it has gone the other way now. I remember at the Hull game being surprised by how low the number was, given how full it looked (I'm sure my idea of crowd size has been warped by previous seasons "attendances")

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Lived there for 3 years. Couldn't care less what that lot have to say, i'm not sure whether in those 3 years I ever met a Wednesday fan with an IQ above single figures.

Another Leeds United, a club who had a few years of success 20 years ago, and think this justifies the expectation that the entire footballing world should bow down to them, and gift them a place in the top flight. Best season they've had in years, and little old Brighton are still getting more people through the gates.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Christ they love themselves don't they. It seems weird that the author admits he didn't know much about the club then feels qualified to give his views based on what appears to be him reading Wikipedia.
There's a lot of people that don't know our history, and I couldn't give a shit if they don't. There's also a lot that do and we still get the respect for all the work we did in the 90's and all the Fans United days. THOSE people are the ones I care about. I've never had a particular opinion about Wednesday, i remember them bobbing about in the Prem as I was growing up then seeing them fade into insignificance but that's about it. Perhaps they should take the time to read and learn about us before making claims, as I bet we've done a darn sight more for our club than they ever have.

So on the one hand they live in the past when they were one of the top sides, yet some on here seem to live in the past with the whole fans United happenings.

Yes they should move, but so should we. Do we need every club to kiss our arses?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So on the one hand they live in the past when they were one of the top sides, yet some on here seem to live in the past with the whole fans United happenings.

Yes they should move, but so should we. Do we need every club to kiss our arses?

Quite. There's far too much needyness on here, and probably any club's supporters' Internet forum. Just get on with supporting the team.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Quite. There's far too much needyness on here, and probably any club's supporters' Internet forum. Just get on with supporting the team.

That said

https://owlsonline.com/?page=news&news_id=1508

That is the most disrespectful crap I have ever read. Rochdale may have spent their entire existence in the bottom 2 divisions, but they have a proud history

100 plus years of football for any club is not insignificant.

They are setting themselves up nicely for a fall tonight

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If you don't read what is written on other opposing fan sites, any vitriol may or may not be there, and in reality doesn't exist to you.

So I just avoid it, and life is sweet.

Schrodinger's Bile, if you like :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here