Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much?

Sky have just "Reached out" to me via email.

As of January they want £93.50 a month....!

When I say reached out I mean bent me over and attempted to shaft me. Guess I'll be cancelling.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012

When I say reached out I mean bent me over and attempted to shaft me. Guess I'll be cancelling.
Love the term "reached out" what a load of tosh, spending too much time with recruitment consultants!

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I had a phone call yesterday re car insurance and they quoted me £33 a month .I asked them before I go elsewhere is that your bottom line she replied we can do it for £22. What don't they say that in the first place.?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
ours is close to that
but we watch a lot of sport and films, in fact we have watched two in the last week that wouls have cost us £19+ in dvd so its a saving.
we do not eat out or drink so its not our only pleasure but one of them.
don't particularly like Sky but will say they are good at what they do and crtainly better than our previous TalkTalk who to put it politely were phooking useless, you pays your money and makes your choice

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I had a phone call yesterday re car insurance and they quoted me £33 a month .I asked them before I go elsewhere is that your bottom line she replied we can do it for £22. What don't they say that in the first place.?

I have a brother-in-law who auto-renews his insurance for his car every year. He also replaces his car every two years with the latest models, brand new, so he has a few quid (no wife though?). When I told him I could half his insurance he said 'no, I'm OK thanks'. I have three cars and £629 year for the lot including Daughter who almost wrote one off last year.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
ours is close to that
but we watch a lot of sport and films, in fact we have watched two in the last week that wouls have cost us £19+ in dvd so its a saving.
we do not eat out or drink so its not our only pleasure but one of them.
don't particularly like Sky but will say they are good at what they do and crtainly better than our previous TalkTalk who to put it politely were phooking useless, you pays your money and makes your choice

Surely that depends on how quickly after release you want to watch them

Wait a couple of months and either watch them on a streaming service like Netflicks / Amazon Prime which have a lower monthly fee or buy them 2nd hand online from somewhere like Amazon for around £3 to £5 a couple of months after release (in most cases, very few stay at a higher price than that and some go even cheaper dependent on title / popularity)

Or alternitively pay about £16 a month on a cinema membership card like this Cineworld Unlimited and see the films before they go onto sky and you can see as many films as you like per month.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Surely that depends on how quickly after release you want to watch them

Wait a couple of months and either watch them on a streaming service like Netflicks / Amazon Prime which have a lower monthly fee or buy them 2nd hand online from somewhere like Amazon for around £3 to £5 a couple of months after release (in most cases, very few stay at a higher price than that and some go even cheaper dependent on title / popularity)

Or alternitively pay about £16 a month on a cinema membership card like this Cineworld Unlimited and see the films before they go onto sky and you can see as many films as you like per month.

Ah but do any of these have sport as the sideline?

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Ah but do any of these have sport as the sideline?

BT has this package for £38 per month which obviously includes the football on BT sport and you can add Netflix for £6 per month extra. We have this and quite honestly we have more than enough films, tv boxsets for kids and adults plus football to watch in any given week.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/tv-packages/

Of course they don't have the same volume of premiership matches as sky do, but they do have European Champions League and other games from Germany, Italy, etc... and at less than half the price (£44 per month compared with the £93 quoted for Sky), it feels like a much better deal all round.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London

As of January they want £93.50 a month...

We pay over £100 a month to Virgin and whenever we ring to ask them to take off certain parts of the package they say it isn't possible. Yeah right!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Go through with cancelling. That's when the better deals come through. Mine is up soon and i won't except nothing less than 50%-60% off for 12 months with a £50 credit.

Make sure you have Sky iD marketing switched on. You will see the offers come through. There's a great thread on this on MSE

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We pay over £100 a month to Virgin and whenever we ring to ask them to take off certain parts of the package they say it isn't possible. Yeah right!

They love people like you

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
They love people like you

Ok so tell me how I can reduce the bill without cancelling it altogether as you seem to know everything. They all seem much of a muchness.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
BT has this package for £38 per month which obviously includes the football on BT sport and you can add Netflix for £6 per month extra. We have this and quite honestly we have more than enough films, tv boxsets for kids and adults plus football to watch in any given week.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/tv-packages/

Of course they don't have the same volume of premiership matches as sky do, but they do have European Champions League and other games from Germany, Italy, etc... and at less than half the price (£44 per month compared with the £93 quoted for Sky), it feels like a much better deal all round.

Sky package all wrapped up in one, one person to call if things go wrong, and that person in in the UK+ all phone calls landline and mobile inc all day every day.
please don't get me started about BT just like british gas they are or have been in my experience pretty naf.
with Sky I can change things through the TV ,online, telephone, and if all else fails go to the guy in the Arndale

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Ok so tell me how I can reduce the bill without cancelling it altogether as you seem to know everything. They all seem much of a muchness.

If you are not prepared to to cancel which quite often you need to do or at least threaten too then companies like Sky and Virgin know you are after deals and will offer poor deals. You need to play them at their game. They provide a service and nothing more. They are not your friends.

My experience is that Virgin are harder to haggle with. For that reason i have split my package. Tv with Sky and Broadband and phone with Virgin.

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
reach out.jpg

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
If you are not prepared to to cancel which quite often you need to do or at least threaten too then companies like Sky and Virgin know you are after deals and will offer poor deals. You need to play them at their game. They provide a service and nothing more. They are not your friends.

My experience is that Virgin are harder to haggle with. For that reason i have split my package. Tv with Sky and Broadband and phone with Virgin.

Thanks for a sensible reply rather than criticism - that wasn't too hard was it and can be your good deed for the day.

Dumseagull

Jun 13, 2012
Lancing
I cancelled my sky 8 years ago, and I STILL get phone calls from them trying to sell me "special deals" about twice a month

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Sky package all wrapped up in one, one person to call if things go wrong, and that person in in the UK+ all phone calls landline and mobile inc all day every day.
please don't get me started about BT just like british gas they are or have been in my experience pretty naf.
with Sky I can change things through the TV ,online, telephone, and if all else fails go to the guy in the Arndale

I'm sorry I tried to help you save money. I thought that was the purpose of this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here