Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

X factor/Rugby world cup final

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Bet the Aussies and New Zealanders will take comfort from that when they're setting their alarms for 2am!

3am in Sydney, 5am in Auckland. An 8pm KO would have been 7am Syd, 9am Auckland. Sums up the tournament, poorly executed and seems to have gone on forever. By the time I'm out of Reading it will be all over

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
3am in Sydney, 5am in Auckland. An 8pm KO would have been 7am Syd, 9am Auckland. Sums up the tournament, poorly executed and seems to have gone on forever. By the time I'm out of Reading it will be all over

Extra time followed by sudden death followed by kicking competition followed by trophy presentation would take completion to well past 11pm which would be even more of a nightmare than usual for anyone trying to get away from Twickenham by public transport with onward connections. Unlikely but they have to provide for that eventuality.

No way could have been played at 8pm.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Extra time followed by sudden death followed by kicking competition followed by trophy presentation would take completion to well past 11pm which would be even more of a nightmare than usual for anyone trying to get away from Twickenham by public transport with onward connections. Unlikely but they have to provide for that eventuality.

Is the right answer.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

We have mid-week football with extra time and penalties all the time with 7.45 kick offs. Anyway couldn't give a monkeys, we all knew this would be the final weeks ago, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....................

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ordinarily, I might have been tempted to consider the merits of the original quote.

However.

This is David Campese. Professional flag-waving, canary-yellow-sporting, Pom-baiting whinging Aussie, who never misses an opportunity to have a poke as far as the English are concerned.

So dry your eyes, Dave, man the hell up, and set your bloody alarm :shutup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sport in the UK priority

Football
Cricket

Rugby
Everything else

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Assuming they will have a presentation for third place and the same applies (sudden death, pens etc) why is the game today being played at 8??

Ignore me.....just seen it's at Stratford....assumed it was Twickenham.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ignore me.....just seen it's at Stratford....assumed it was Twickenham.

It's Twickenham that's the problem - it takes an age to get away from the place. Last time I went, it took me about an hour to reach the station. The people on here who kvetch about the Amex would be having palpitations about trying to handle Twickenham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here