Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cuffs (new crime drama set in Brighton)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've just caught up with it on iPlayer. Reading this thread I was expecting the worst but it was actually pretty good, some interesting character development. You can see the plot coming a mile away, mind.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I also think it's got potential. Trouble is that when you know the area you look out for continuity 'errors' of somebody running down one street and coming out miles away. It's fiction, enjoy!

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
I think that is quite normal for most TV / Film productions! It'll be down to filming locations and permissions.

Another example is near the start of The Inbetweeners 2 film when they are standing outside Terminal 3 at Heathrow then it cuts to them inside North Terminal at Gatwick but with Virgin Atlantic logos on the check-in screens despite Virgin flying from South Terminal... It doesn't really matter in a fictional programme as only those with detailed knowledge of the real locations would be any the wiser.

And another is in Mona Lisa when they are driving to Brighton down the a23 at handcross and pull into the happy eater on the other side of the road. But I think it does matter. If only because that's what you remember, as a local, so it ruins it. To see it done well watch the chase sequence in the original Brighton rock. Dickie runs down queens road in the way you would. Not flouncy like, just the direction ;-)

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I thought it was ok for a first episode.

Did anyone notice the Solicitor at the end leave the underground police car park against a red light?

Where was the 'Council house' that had crittal windows? The one where the bloke eventually hanged himself.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I've just caught up with it on iPlayer. Reading this thread I was expecting the worst but it was actually pretty good, some interesting character development. You can see the plot coming a mile away, mind.

agree some of the comments here have been OTT, but "interesting" character development? going to far the other way. tired cliched coppers abound.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I think that is quite normal for most TV / Film productions! It'll be down to filming locations and permissions.

Another example is near the start of The Inbetweeners 2 film when they are standing outside Terminal 3 at Heathrow then it cuts to them inside North Terminal at Gatwick but with Virgin Atlantic logos on the check-in screens despite Virgin flying from South Terminal... It doesn't really matter in a fictional programme as only those with detailed knowledge of the real locations would be any the wiser.

Don't be such a party pooper.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I found it ok, it will improve, the first one is setting out the characters etc, also like others who have moved away from Brighton, it is great, seeing and trying to identify areas :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It was scene setting at first and it gives a good window for Brighton, has great potential in my view

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Well I made it to 27 mins in , it brought back memories of the the British classic " Eldorado ".............acting and story line of the highest quality !!!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Well I made it to 27 mins in , it brought back memories of the the British classic " Eldorado ".............acting and story line of the highest quality !!!

I watched it in two sittings. Practically painless.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
It had a gay copper,a black copper,a muslim copperess,a slaggy copperess and a power mad copper with pretty pictures of Peacehaven,Saltdean,Rodean and other bits of Brighton.
Cool.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Anyone worked out how they managed to get from Saltdean to Mill Road and then to the University so quickly?

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
I'm a bit torn. I watched it all - thought bits were OK and others parts shockingly bad.

The racist attack was pretty ridiculous though. At first when the lad was parking his bike up outside I thought they were going to nick it or simply buckle the wheel. That would of been much more realistic for Brighton than stabbing the chap for no reason with a screwdriver (no kinves available?).

Guess that wouldnt have made much of a show though.....just like the real police show earlier in the year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here