Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where would you move to in sussex?

If you had to relocate to one of these which would you choose?

• Total voters

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Crawley : Hastings have surely got to be two of the least desirable places to live in Sussex. For me if you like village life, boring for me but some people like it, I would say Ditchling, if you want a lot more going on but without the noise and chavyness of Brighton then it has to be Hove, the area around Church Road up to Grand Ave.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't you need to be a heroin addict to live in Hastings, where Crawley you just need to be partial to a toot of Columbia's finest.

Putting it like that, Crawley.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Where would you move to in sussex?

CRAWLEY OR HASTINGS?:rolleyes:

3oksxt.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Begrudgingly Crawley. I've been to Hastings/Bexhill a few times in recent years - other than the De La Warr Pavilion, it's very run down. Hundreds of ex-guesthouses and ex-hotels on the seafront are in an awful state after 50 years of tourist decline, which is also reflected too in huge areas off of the seafront. Big problems with crime, drugs and poverty. Also a pig of a place from/to travel by road, as after Lewes the A27 is crap.

Crawley has a couple of nice suburbs and is easy to get to/from. I'd miss the sea though.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Some really lovely Victorian and Edwardian properties in Hastings, a much underrated seaside town that has a bit of an art and creative scene, some really nice parts to wander around, and had a fair amount of regeneration around the old town where the new art galleries are.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Crawley. Because it has decent road and rail links meaning you can get out of it quickly.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Hastings has the feel of Brighton in the early 80s. Rotting, ambivalent, cut off. It stringly appeals to me because of that. But I couldn't live there. And Crawley? None of the benefits of a larger town (culture, breadth of experience etc) with all the downsides.

Not sure why no one has asked the obvious question: why the question ans why just these two options?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Hastings seems like it has a bit more character as Crawley seems just a bit too small suburban town for me. Saying that not lived in either place before so what do I know?

*Edit* post above me summed it up nicely!

Pudos

Aug 18, 2015
Is this being asked for any practical reason or just to promote a bitch fest? My joyous work takes me to both places and both are the same. Rough parts (where lucky me spends his time) and some really lovely areas.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It'd have to be somewhere that is near the sea or a river. Landlocked towns do my swede in.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I have made my vote sure in the knowledge that I would be in the minority. Crawley IS dull, and at times chavvy, and is as not Sussex as can be, but bitv still gets my vote. Why? It has work, and we all need that for the majority of our lives.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
"Hastings, a drug town with a fishing problem." Can't remember who came up with that.

Hastings for me (not for the drugs). It's by the sea.
Some cracking pubs, excellent fish and chips, great community.
If I wasn't nice and comfy in Hove I'd move there, or back to Eastbourne/ Pevensey Bay or Bexhill.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Crawley if you are working. Hastings if retired

Crawley being Worth or Pound, not Langley Green or Bewbush

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
"Hastings, a drug town with a fishing problem." Can't remember who came up with that.

Hastings for me (not for the drugs). It's by the sea.
Some cracking pubs, excellent fish and chips, great community.
If I wasn't nice and comfy in Hove I'd move there, or back to Eastbourne/ Pevensey Bay or Bexhill.

Anywhere between Eastbourne and Hastings would do admirably. Just got back from a long walk with the dog on the East Hill above the Hastings Old Town -stunning views. The Old Town is a must to see and the pubs in George Street are super. There is also much going on here -not the least the very popular half marathon on Sunday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here