Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton says Albion striker Zamora is much more than just a supersub [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ALBION boss Chris Hughton has hailed late goal hero Bobby Zamora as much more than just a supersub.
Zamora came on to clip an 89th-minute winner, his first goal for the club for 12 years, in the 2-1 victory at Leeds which sent the Seagulls four points clear at the top of the Championship.
The 34-year-old former QPR striker has made six substitute appearances and one start since rejoining Albion in the summer and playing catch-up with his fitness.

Hughton refuses to regard Zamora as the best sub in the league. He told The Argus: “I don’t want to think of him that way. The reason why we’ve used him mostly on the bench is because we all know he didn’t have a pre-season and he has been physically behind everybody.
“I certainly don’t want to think about him as a substitute, I want to think about him as a good quality, efficient player.
“The one start he did have, up at Bolton, I thought he played very well.”
Zamora, preparing for back-to-back games at the Amex against Bristol City tomorrow night and Preston on Saturday, said: “I am where I am. The gaffer knows he can use me whenever he wants for what he wants. It’s all about management.
“I probably wouldn’t be able to do three games in a week. The gaffer knows that, the medical staff know the best way to keep me fit for 40-odd games.
“If it’s 20 minutes every week I’m more than happy to do that. Tomer (Hemed) and Sam (Baldock) have been superb, they work their socks off.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here