Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Zealand vs France

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Apparently the Welsh lost yesterday because the referee was English.

:lolol:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
what an enjoyable evening that was,infact the whole day was excellent!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Apparently the Welsh lost yesterday because the referee was English.

:lolol:

my french bro-in-law reckons all English speaking referees are baised against the french

they don't quite understand the inter-rivalry with the home nations

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
my french bro-in-law reckons all English speaking referees are baised against the french

they don't quite understand the inter-rivalry with the home nations

Was he talking specifically about yesterday's game? As I think that referees are biased against anyone that is playing against the All Blacks. Some of the stuff that their players get away with, both during games and at citing committees, takes the piss.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
The fawning over Nigel Owens has annoyed me in this game. Ritchie McCaw should've seen yellow and deserved far more than that girly slap for the blatant cheating on the floor and preventing the French from getting quick ball.
Some years ago a change was made to the laws at the breakdown where the words "unless you're Richie McCaw" were inserted to the section on illegal play punishable by a penalty. He actually got yellow carded in one of the group games and, I seem to remember, the commentator said it was only the fourth yellow card he had ever received. That is truly staggering when you see how much time he spends infringing at the breakdown. If he had played thirty of forty years ago he would have been raked so much he would have no skin left above the waist.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Was he talking specifically about yesterday's game? As I think that referees are biased against anyone that is playing against the All Blacks. Some of the stuff that their players get away with, both during games and at citing committees, takes the piss.

no across the board

eg if France are playing england,he thinks a welsh ref will be biased towards england,simply because we share the same language

he thinks all the home nations are in cahoots :lol:

the french aren't really aware of the anti-English sentiments that the welsh and scots have for us

even the irish situation,most don't know that there's a big protestant population in the north

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Technically correct and possible but can you see them as a possible or probable Rugby World Cup Winners?

In this tournament I'd say that Argentina had about as good a chance as France (that is, not one I'd put any of my own money anywhere near). At least Argentina's route to the final goes through Ireland and Australia/Scotland, not New Zealand and South Africa.

Anyway, I think England's World Cup double remains safe for some time to come. Although I don't see England repeating either feat themselves in the near future...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
no across the board

eg if France are playing england,he thinks a welsh ref will be biased towards england,simply because we share the same language

he thinks all the home nations are in cahoots :lol:

the french aren't really aware of the anti-English sentiments that the welsh and scots have for us

even the irish situation,most don't know that there's a big protestant population in the north
you obviously don't know your history and have never been to france......:thumbsup:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Yet another Northern Hemisphere Team limps out...

Don't give the Sweaties much hope of changing things later today.

Perhaps better if they don't and there is some proper soul searching as to why this keeps happening?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
this has always been the case....fitzpatrick was a cheat and so is mckaw or whatever his name is....!! you carnt say that to a newzealander though , youd be better of trying to stick a lion bar up his bottom in full view of his entire family.....kaants.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Technically correct and possible but can you see them as a possible or probable Rugby World Cup Winners?
Yes. Some of us backed a NZ v Arg final two weeks ago.

Argentina are the only team to have given NZ a game so far - led at half time, but were overrun in the second half.

That said, the only way Argentina can win it is for NZ to be beaten in the semi by SA.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
In honour of our valiant attempts, there will be a losers tournament next year. It's to be called 'The Six Nations'.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I can't believe the ref in that game. Why the F did he not use the TMO for a decision that decided the game? This is the same **** that let McCaw make up his own rules at the break-down 4 years ago!!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
This isn't a great French team though. Remember, even England put 50 past them 6 months ago!

You're right it isnt. But the Northern Hemisphere and been roundly shown up in this tournement with all four semi finalists from down south

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here