Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Curry

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Apparently it's National Curry Week.

To honour this fine old tradition tonight I will be making a Chicken Madras and a Cabbage and Potato curry that I was given the recipeof by the Indian Couple over the road.

Anyone else?

Think you went and spoilt it with the word 'making'. Face it, curry is NEVER going to taste as good as when delivered in a silvery container having been made by an unseen person.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Apparently it's National Curry Week.

To honour this fine old tradition tonight I will be making a Chicken Madras and a Cabbage and Potato curry that I was given the recipeof by the Indian Couple over the road.

Anyone else?

Was gonna cook myself but if you`re offering sounds good. Please Confirm time and address, I`ll bring a couple of Cobras.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Yup.. Tonight I am cooking Chicken Tikka Massala, tomorrow a friend is cooking tandoori chicken for me.. I didnt even know it was curry week..

Think you went and spoilt it with the word 'making'. Face it, curry is NEVER going to taste as good as when delivered in a silvery container having been made by an unseen person.

You need to Google "The Curry Secret"

Once made, you'll never buy another takeaway.

Unless you're pissed and can't be bothered.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Curry Mahal - Hove
Memories of India - Brighton Marina
Sea of Spice - Rottingdean
Maloncho - Telscombe Cliffs

All top notch for a sit down. Saltdean Spice for a takeaway. Gaff is heaven sent.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
Dont the experts say that to eat it today it needed to be made 24 -36 hours earlier to marinate and then be reheated today.

Is that the curry equivalent of turning it off and then on again?

Dont the experts say that to eat it today it needed to be made 24 -36 hours earlier to marinate and then be reheated today.

Leaving them overnight certainly improves it I think.

Will dig out the PDF for you and the YouTube link to Al's Kitchen.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Leaving them overnight certainly improves it I think.

Will dig out the PDF for you and the YouTube link to Al's Kitchen.

My brother works at Heathrow with a large number of turban wearers and that is what they told him they do. He also said he has been to parties and the curry is totally different to what he is used to from the local takeaway in Bedfont

My brother works at Heathrow with a large number of turban wearers and that is what they told him they do. He also said he has been to parties and the curry is totally different to what he is used to from the local takeaway in Bedfont
My wife works with a Bangladeshi gentleman, he regularly brings his wife's curries in.

They are better than anything I could make, hardly any sauce too. Sadly what we enjoy as Curry here bears hardly any resemblance to the real thing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Turban wearers was not meant in a detrimental manner as there are so many different indian type employees there that it was less controversial to group them as such. It shouldnt upset them or anybody else.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Turban wearers was not meant in a detrimental manner as there are so many different indian type employees there that it was less controversial to group them as such. It shouldnt upset them or anybody else.

Keep digging.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

no the experts dont say that, as it doesnt make sense. maybe they say marinating for 24 hours before cooking? and didnt you used to run a pub kitchen :facepalm:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Some people just love getting offended on another person's behalf.

Although I would say that "large number of Asians" would have sufficed BG. :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here