Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amazon FIRESTICK - dodgy streaming

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Giving it a little workout, Just watched San Andreas, and started the new Mad Max movie - flawless. I might add that I am a total SNOB when it comes to this kind of thing. I need HD. I cannot ABIDE pauses or jerkiness, but this chugs along very nicely with no interruptions or distortions. Out of interest I cranked up some Sky Go soccerball on my laptop to see if my WiFi could COPE with streaming a HD movie AND a film onto this silly stick. Yes. Yes it could.

I have bought my last blu-ray, and Sky will be hearing from me in the morning.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I use phoenix, zeus, turks and a couple of others via kodi on an android box, and I've got kodi on my phone as well. Have cancelled sky sports and Netflix. Watched "Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation" tonight, followed by an episode of Deadwood. For free. Magic.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I use phoenix, zeus, turks and a couple of others via kodi on an android box, and I've got kodi on my phone as well. Have cancelled sky sports and Netflix. Watched "Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation" tonight, followed by an episode of Deadwood. For free. Magic.

And now I've got BT Sport ESPN on for the LIVE baseball. This is absolutely nuts, how is this free ? Where is the catch ? Why did I not do this six years ago ?

God I wish I was unemployed.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Bought an android box pre loaded with Kodi off Amazon a couple of weeks ago. Using Genesis, Phoenix and UK Turks but finding it very unreliable. Plugged directly into my router, and on Infinity but regularly crashes and often have to switch between the streams to get back to where I was.

Watched the Martian last night and couldn't get the last 15 minutes wherever I went

Hoping it's user error and I sus it soon

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I am loving Kodi but you just know it's one of those things that's too good to be true long term. It's all well and good right now but the more people who start using it, as it gets easier to actually set up and get running, the more effort the film and TV companies will go to in order to ruin its functionality.

Still, in the meantime I'm filling my boots.

Had some excellent HD football streams with English commentary using Phoenix and Genesis barely ever lets me down for TV shows

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Bought an android box pre loaded with Kodi off Amazon a couple of weeks ago. Using Genesis, Phoenix and UK Turks but finding it very unreliable. Plugged directly into my router, and on Infinity but regularly crashes and often have to switch between the streams to get back to where I was.

Watched the Martian last night and couldn't get the last 15 minutes wherever I went

Hoping it's user error and I sus it soon

I have exactly the same add-ons as you, and the same issues. It's very hit and miss and I, like the OP, thought it was amazing when I first downloaded it. I soon became fed up with the faffing about so only use it when I cant use my regular ip box.

That said, if you don't pay anything for it, it is better than those horrible streaming sites such as cricinfo!

LennyD

Jul 15, 2009
whats everybody using for the football? theres a lot of streams which are either dead or pixelated beyond watchable. I use stream all the sources for movies and tv (excellent) and either navi x or sports devil for sport.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I'll see how it goes...but my early impressions could see me completely binning off Sky Movies for sure, and quite possibly Sports as well. WHY am I paying for these ?

I've done exactly that. Binned Sky movies and sports and just watch what I want on Kodi instead.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I've done exactly that. Binned Sky movies and sports and just watch what I want on Kodi instead.

You don't get problems with it just crashing or buffering or script errors and not even starting?

Can't fathom how I've got so many issues, yet seemingly many here have none

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
You don't get problems with it just crashing or buffering or script errors and not even starting?

I've had the odd problem but I tend to stick to the ones I know work best.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Does seem like a lot of faff. Generally with any Linux distro you just write the .iso to a USB stick which makes it bootable. Plug in to your PC and you have a live Linux distribution running from it, and if you wish you can install to your hard drive, so I wonder if it the same principle with your TV.

I think the firestick contains some more hardware than just a hard drive.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I've had the odd problem but I tend to stick to the ones I know work best.

Not Genesis and Phoenix, which I understood were the big ones? If you have others that work better I'd be thrilled to hear, way too frustrating to keep trying with these

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

I'll try and turn Kodi on a good few minutes prior to watching anything so it can do it's whole addon updating thing (which can and does affect streaming)

I also don't bother watching any *brand* new movies, as you know they'll be either incomplete or dodgy quality. Patience is a virtue here and I reckon is well worth it.

With football it's trial and error, but with a wide selection of addons you should be ok. I avoid the 'sky sports' ones and get the same matches from BeIn or some such, with a different commentary.

I'm a relative novice, but these tips may help you out?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whilst fishing around yesterday, I saw a "Championship Football" feed under one of the PL ones. I know when we are the featured game on the FLS that you can get a live feed of the game on Bein or something (which I've watched down the Warwick in Worthing before). If I can actually get a live Albion away game on this thing, I'm going to blow my beans.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'll try and turn Kodi on a good few minutes prior to watching anything so it can do it's whole addon updating thing (which can and does affect streaming)

I also don't bother watching any *brand* new movies, as you know they'll be either incomplete or dodgy quality. Patience is a virtue here and I reckon is well worth it.

With football it's trial and error, but with a wide selection of addons you should be ok. I avoid the 'sky sports' ones and get the same matches from BeIn or some such, with a different commentary.

I'm a relative novice, but these tips may help you out?

Cheers ... I think it might require more patience.

I definitely wait for the updates and recognise that new ones are dodgy. Also watching football on non Sky streams is definitely much better.

Will keep fiddling around and trying but I think there needs to be a word of warning to anyone that thinks this is a plug and play solution ... it can be very very frustrating imo

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Whilst fishing around yesterday, I saw a "Championship Football" feed under one of the PL ones. I know when we are the featured game on the FLS that you can get a live feed of the game on Bein or something (which I've watched down the Warwick in Worthing before). If I can actually get a live Albion away game on this thing, I'm going to blow my beans.
You will able to get every Albion stream via kodi.

Play around with sports devil and that will have everything covered ... I found 4 different streams for the wolves game. All good quality.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You will able to get every Albion stream via kodi.

Play around with sports devil and that will have everything covered ... I found 4 different streams for the wolves game. All good quality.

Wow, this sounds almost too good to be true. I think I'll do a trial run for the Leeds game on Saturday before I invite a houseful round, but if that's the case, happy days ! :clap2:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wow, this sounds almost too good to be true. I think I'll do a trial run for the Leeds game on Saturday before I invite a houseful round, but if that's the case, happy days ! :clap2:

Every game that is being televised somewhere in the world. Which is not that many. Not EVERY Albion game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here