Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bollocks

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Blind as a bat

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
So with Burnley, QPR, Boro and now Wolves, that's four times in the space of six weeks, we'll be televised (four games out of nine).

This must be absolutely unprecendented.

Apart from people being screwed getting home from Burnley on a Sunday, the changes don't seem too inconvenient, either, and of course its all CASH in the playing budget.

Suddenly we are popular - the style of football we play is easy on the eye, but this still comes as a bit of a shock after being in the wilderness

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
What about the Burnley game? Have I missed something?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So with Burnley, QPR, Boro and now Wolves, that's four times in the space of six weeks, we'll be televised (four games out of nine).

This must be absolutely unprecendented.

Apart from people being screwed getting home from Burnley on a Sunday, the changes don't seem too inconvenient, either, and of course its all CASH in the playing budget.

Top work by the club having the vision to invest in media-friendly technology that allows SKY to just turn up and plug and play. Seems to be reaping dividends bigtime. Oh, and I guess being top of the league doesn't do any harm either :albion:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Suddenly we are popular - the style of football we play is easy on the eye, but this still comes as a bit of a shock after being in the wilderness

Big risk by SkySports, given our customary October slump.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Going to a wedding New Years Eve so this really is bad bad news.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
It's not all that surprising really, Sky appear to have seriously upped their amount of FL coverage since losing the rights to the Champions League, and we're top of the pile at the minute, so naturally gonna be featuring heavily.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
How much do we get for each one? More specifically, what would four games mean for a signing bonus for Calleri?

I think it's £65K, but not absolutely sure.

I think it's £80k - I actually talked to our CEO about TV games a few months ago, generally feel is clubs actually lose out on the day due to additional costs and fewer people turning up. Clubs do have a choice in the games, but it apparently doesn't go down well if you say no......

As per the Argus today:-

Championship clubs receive £100,000 for home games and £10,000 for away fixtures when matches are televised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here