Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League trio considering January approach for Brighton winger Solly March

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sullay kaikai ( remember the name ) scored on his debut against the toon last season . A added interest for me is he went to my old school in beckenham ( not Croydon ) .
This Kaikai chap is so good that he's currently playing for in League 1 for Shrewsbury (5 games, 0 goals) and has no England U21 caps.

Any idiot can see that he's clearly better than Solly.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He's only just started to play for us - strange level of interest, agent involved perhaps?

I know for a fact of 2 prem scouts that have Solly on their radar from a long time ago (one being Arsenal). Guess if on the radar then its not hard to get full stats and know everything / follow etc.

Strange considering he's been toilet apart from v Cardiff. Highly rated though. If he produces what he did v Cardiff regularly then he will be off without a doubt. No where near consistent at moment though.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Couldn't you just take him and keep him in your League Cup squad? You know, the one you keep all the failed/ordinary players in so they can have a little run out against fourth division teams when you need to rest the good ones? He and Dwight Gayle could become great mates.

I wouldn't be so quick to slate our reserves. An entirely second string Palace side would arguably have the best starting XI in the Championship.

-----------------Speroni---------------
-Kelly---Hangeland---Mariappa--
-----------Jedinak---Ledley----------
---CYLee-----Chamakh-----Mutch
-----------Gayle-----Bamford--------

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I wouldn't be so quick to slate our reserves. An entirely second string Palace side...
Where does a second string Palace side come into this? We're talking about Solly March, and you brought Kaikai into it. Let's get back on track shall we - how much have you seen of Solly, and what positions have you seen him play?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I wouldn't be so quick to slate our reserves. An entirely second string Palace side would arguably have the best starting XI in the Championship.

Of that lot, Bamford would make it into our current TABLE-TOPPING Championship team. But, then again, he's not yours, is he? We've given up on loan players now anyway.

cyberleech

May 21, 2013
I can recognise superior pedantry when I see it. My point being, with which I'm sure you'd agree, is that he's never played as well as the way he has this season, apart from a few cameo's in last season. So not a consistently (top) performer. CH should take the credit for that.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Reminds me of chatting to someone who works editorial for The Mirror. He said that all football rumours on their (and other papers') pages were educated guesswork. I responded that they weren't particularly educated, to which he agreed.
Anyone would think that you're in this game :hilton:

He's pretty much spot on (and I might well know him). This one has all the hallmarks. I'd be very surprised if there was a genuine source for this story. And even if there was, most agents who give stories to journos aren't doing it to spread the truth but to try to get some interest in their clients because they haven't managed to drum up much themselves.

And most of the big stories are news to everyone. For example, I was in the Emirates press room the night Mourinho got the bullet at Chelsea. It was a Champions League game and the room was full of the top London-based football writers - ie the very people who are paid to have the inside track at Chelsea, Spurs etc. Not one of them had had the slightest inkling.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Poor Fraizer Campbell. He can't even get into Palace's second string ahead of a League One-level striker like Gayle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here