Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are your cats/ dogs called, please?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My sister in law- a cat-lover in extremis- is trying to persuade me to get a particular cat from the Cats Protection charity place.

Which is fine, as I'd rather home one that needs somewhere to live. But it appears to be called Petal. I'm not having a cat called Petal.

The cat's fine, but it'll need to be re-christened. I've told her that if I can't rename it something of my choice- like Archbishop Desmond Tutu, for example- then the deal's off.

Gophy

Sep 13, 2015
Cat called Barclay...he took a bit out of my head once!
There has also been Gizmo, she was a cute cat but deaf Grandma always called her Flymo!
Ambrose
And currently there is Figaro

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
My sister in law- a cat-lover in extremis- is trying to persuade me to get a particular cat from the Cats Protection charity place.

Which is fine, as I'd rather home one that needs somewhere to live. But it appears to be called Petal. I'm not having a cat called Petal.

The cat's fine, but it'll need to be re-christened. I've told her that if I can't rename it something of my choice- like Archbishop Desmond Tutu, for example- then the deal's off.

Then we have to give examples of people with marvellous names then? I vote for Tokyo Sexwale

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Cat called Barclay...he took a bit out of my head once!
There has also been Gizmo, she was a cute cat but deaf Grandma always called her Flymo!
Ambrose
And currently there is Figaro

Oooh. Ambrose. Like Curtly Ambrose <light goes on>

I think classic West Indian cricketers- or, in fact, any old-school cricketers- could be a goldmine of potential names.

Thanks!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

My mum got a massive 3 legged Tom Cat from a home, they called him Fu-Fu.

Mother was having none of that, so we named it after Arundel Breweries fine tipple Old Knucker, (by virtue of how it could make you legless).

When Knucks had been particularly naughty, killing a Wildebeest etc, we'd call him Fu-Fu and he'd look you in such a way you'd know he was planning your murder.

Bless him.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
We have a Brighton supporting cat called Henry! image.jpg

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I've been planning to get a couple of cats for a while. If and when I make the leap, I'd been thinking of "to be" and "not to be" as suitable names.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've been planning to get a couple of cats for a while. If and when I make the leap, I'd been thinking of "to be" and "not to be" as suitable names.

Toby, and Not Toby?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oooh. Ambrose. Like Curtly Ambrose <light goes on>

I think classic West Indian cricketers- or, in fact, any old-school cricketers- could be a goldmine of potential names.

Thanks!

Friend of mine named all his cats after cricketers. He had a Sachin and, I'm pretty sure, a Lara.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Personally I'm a big fan of giving cats / dogs fairly routine names like Simon, Robert or Susan.

(no offence to any Simons, Roberts or Susans).

If I got a dog, I think I'd call him KEITH.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
A cat named Habibi.

Normally Beebs or Mr Beebs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here