Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Privy Council Meeting.......

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If DC told me off I'd laugh
If JC told me off I'd actually be upset.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I would not join the 600 in the privy either , just rubbersctmping meaningless proclamations. It is something to be consingned to history when they used to have to advise the King.
Neither would I kneel & kiss Her Majesty's hand or swear to be a loyal defender of monarchy.....

But that's why I would never run for public office...,

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I would not join the 600 in the privy either , just rubbersctmping meaningless proclamations. It is something to be consingned to history when they used to have to advise the King.
Neither would I kneel & kiss Her Majesty's hand or swear to be a loyal defender of monarchy.....

But that's why I would never run for public office...,

Fine, but then let Corbyn say it, which he hasnt.

Stop interpreting his non conformity as something special, he hasnt said a word in opposition to any of these things, he just makes lame excuses and then says he respects those very things you then feel he has somehow casually dismissed.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

Stop interpreting his non conformity as something special, he hasnt said a word in opposition to any of these things, he just makes lame excuses and then says he respects those very things you then feel he has somehow casually dismissed.

So what was Camerons excuse for not attending for 3 months? I don't remember it ever being mentioned before?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
According to this list, eight of the current batch of ministers "snubbed" their first Privy Council meeting - and that doesn't include CMD, who did have an excuse.

I agree with MoH, they must be really terrified of him to come up with this rubbish

Not just terrified, but desperate. This is real barrel scrapping stuff.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
So what was Camerons excuse for not attending for 3 months? I don't remember it ever being mentioned before?

Exactly, but no one has reason to believe that Cameron did it out of disrespect for HM, but some Corbyn supporters seem to be self congratulating themselves on their leaders set of anti establishment principles, but he hasnt backed up his actions with any specific confirmation denouncing of it.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

he has always said he is a republican, and why should he not say he respects others views thats not an excuse its called democracy.........bit different to the knock-about punch and judy bullying style of the tories
cameron calling him names does not make it true ...........the real world not the playground, cameron really needs to grow-up.
stop the silly smirking and silly jokes.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Exactly, but no one has reason to believe that Cameron did it out of disrespect for HM, but some Corbyn supporters seem to be self congratulating themselves on their leaders set of anti establishment principles, but he hasnt backed up his actions with any specific confirmation denouncing of it.

I've not heard any 'self congratulating'. Again , why did Cameron take 3 months? Blimey are you sure your not a Tory MP?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I've not heard any 'self congratulating'. Again , why did Cameron take 3 months? Blimey are you sure your not a Tory MP?

If you look at previous posts you will see some sort of interpretation that this, firstly was a snub and a jolly good and worthy snub just as his non singing was.

My point is that firstly I am not sure this non show has any relevance to his political position or view on the privvy council and that his previous non singing of the national anthem was quickly reversed into he will sing in future, whatever way you look at it, you may dismiss the relevance but you cannot file it away under 'principles' either.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
If you look at previous posts you will see some sort of interpretation that this, firstly was a snub and a jolly good and worthy snub just as his non singing was.

My point is that firstly I am not sure this non show has any relevance to his political position or view on the privvy council and that his previous non singing of the national anthem was quickly reversed into he will sing in future, whatever way you look at it, you may dismiss the relevance but you cannot file it away under 'principles' either.

Yep with this well considered argument you 'jolly' well win !! Ra ra ra ra we're going to smash the oiks !!!!!!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I've not heard any 'self congratulating'. Again , why did Cameron take 3 months?...?

no meetings for two months then paternity.

i'm sure Corbyn will just swear allegiance to the Queen out of her presence and then attend the next meeting. or maybe he'll just let everyone know he doesnt want/need to join the Privy Council.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

have not seen anywhere that he will sing it in the future, unless he somehow changes the words to the red flag otherwise like me he will stand silent.
they are no better than you or I, and are human as the trauma's in their family show, they just happen to be born into that family.
Swedish royals have it right they bike around their capital
I am sure JC has principles one being listening and respecting others views, something I am sure he would want others to do to him

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
have not seen anywhere that he will sing it in the future, unless he somehow changes the words to the red flag otherwise like me he will stand silent.
they are no better than you or I, and are human as the trauma's in their family show, they just happen to be born into that family.
Swedish royals have it right they bike around their capital
I am sure JC has principles one being listening and respecting others views, something I am sure he would want others to do to him

Respect his right to have a view, even if it it is utter claptrap, fair point?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I think you might find that the same is true for Labour supporters who talk far more about DC and the Tories than they do about their own party . Look back and you will see - a few on this page - so would it be fair to say that you are terrified of the Tories, by your logic?

Yes I am terrified of them. Anyone who can look beyond the headlines and see what they are doing to this country would be.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
He is a republican and an atheist. I would say he is entitled to his views especially as he has held them all his life. Should he swear to God he will hold allegiance to a non-elected Monarch of German lineage? Do we really want Charles to succeed his mother? What do they do anyway?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here