Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Colunga leaves

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I honestly had no idea, but no one on NSC ever considered him to be a seven figure player as far as I'm aware.

I think most forwards that have a decent scoring record in La Liga will be a seven figure player (although I'm talking pounds, not euros, so it's only just above that boundary). I'm intrigued -- rather than irritated -- why you don't, given you are the font of knowledge on all things football finance.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not at all. That was a bizarre window - when we signed Baldock and Colunga I assumed CMS was on his way. To end up with all three of them ......... it made no sense.

The frightening thing was CMS, Baldock, Clunge and COG cost close to £7million between them, were trousering £50k a week collectively and scored seven? league goals between them all season

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
The 1.5 million Euros may also be his pay under a two year contract or perhaps even more. A big disappointment to be honest. Nobody else seems to want him which for a striker rather says it all. There were glimmers there but for the £1million we paid him ?

I am glad to see there is reality regarding Elliott Bennett. Off to Bristol City, yes that is now about his level, looking to help a team stay in the Championship rather than one at the top. Look forward rather than back.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The frightening thing was CMS, Baldock, Clunge and COG cost close to £7million between them, were trousering £50k a week collectively and scored seven? league goals between them all season

You are doing them a massive disservice El Pres:

..it was eight league goals.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill

Exactly, CMS now second division, Clunge unwanted, COG.. has he scored this season ? and Baldock.. well he has one but hopefully some more soon. If Baldock does not fire soon we will be falling down the Championship.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Exactly, CMS now second division, Clunge unwanted, COG.. has he scored this season ? and Baldock.. well he has one but hopefully some more soon. If Baldock does not fire soon we will be falling down the Championship.
Would that be the Championship that the Albion are currently top of and unbeaten in, with Baldock 'not firing'?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I honestly had no idea, but no one on NSC ever considered him to be a seven figure player as far as I'm aware.

Mmmm I picked up on that quote. Think he might be trying to oversell himself a bit there. I doubt that he cost €1.5M euros because however desperate the club were to get him off the wage bill, would not want to just write that off 14 months later.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Would that be the Championship that the Albion are currently top of and unbeaten in, with Baldock 'not firing'?

If Baldock keeps 'not firing' whilst relying on every other player in the team to 'do the business' like they have so far, that'll do for me :lolol:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The 1.5 million Euros may also be his pay under a two year contract or perhaps even more. A big disappointment to be honest. Nobody else seems to want him which for a striker rather says it all. There were glimmers there but for the £1million we paid him ?

I am glad to see there is reality regarding Elliott Bennett. Off to Bristol City, yes that is now about his level, looking to help a team stay in the Championship rather than one at the top. Look forward rather than back.
That's as good as Bennett will get as he's had loads of injurys and is bang average to be fair.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
If Baldock keeps 'not firing' whilst relying on every other player in the team to 'do the business' like they have so far, that'll do for me :lolol:

No wins in the last three games whilst dominating. Why is that ?. Simple..not enough goals. He will need to find the net if we are to stay at or near the top and he needs to score his fair share.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He has not been scoring has he ? He will need to score won't he? Why do you think we have not won any of our last three games ? We have not scored enough have we ? Simple as far as I am concerned.
An interesting take on a team sport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here