Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reading Away

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Same here, I like the Madejski but it's one for getting to the ground, seeing the match and save the beers for when I get home. (Unless anybody can convince me public transport to and from Reading station is a viable option)

Polar opposite I positive despise the whole set up at Reading, drums, music and being told what to sing but anyway to transport......

There is a bus which is £5 return from the station but I think there are huge queues post match I am sure we had to wait over an hour to get back after that 0-0 draw when we had a goal disallowed in the last minute and won promotion to what was Div 1 in old change.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Polar opposite I positive despise the whole set up at Reading, drums, music and being told what to sing but anyway to transport......

There is a bus which is £5 return from the station but I think there are huge queues post match I am sure we had to wait over an hour to get back after that 0-0 draw when we had a goal disallowed in the last minute and won promotion to what was Div 1 in old change.

The wait for the bus hasn't been that bad the last couple of times (10 mins ?).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The wait for the bus hasn't been that bad the last couple of times (10 mins ?).

Really ? Ok think I might go for it them.

What are the boozers like near the station ?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

The one near the station (1000 Guineas?) is away fans only, it does real ale as well as normal drinks and has some seats out front where you can have a smoke.
The bus might not be quite so quick as the crowd will be bigger I reckon.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham

Nags Head Russell St,Just off Oxford Rd .10 minute walk from Station loads of Ales on ,Continental Lagers and proper Zider. Also devoid of simpletons ,which for Reading is unusual. 12 Ales on today all around£ 3 40 a pint.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
reading_intensely.jpg

Is it real or is it reading?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Milkshakes from McDonalds outside the stadium.
No pubs or train station anywhere near the ground.

For now, the train station on Green Park (business park next to the stadium) has finally got a proper go ahead and commitment of funding.

SAC

May 21, 2014
For now, the train station on Green Park (business park next to the stadium) has finally got a proper go ahead and commitment of funding.

I hope that it's as good as the new train station next to the Coventry Arena!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Why do so many Albion fans live in Reading? FFS, Reading! Have you done wrong? Have you been sent away to some penal colony?
It's the most prosperous town in the country and its close to the motorway :D
Rather live here than Brighton to be fair as Brighton has to many weirdos:lolol:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Initial allocation of just under 2000, when (not if) these sell out we'll have the whole allocation of approximately 4000

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

It's less than an hour to walk it...or thereabouts...a depressing walk though!

Last edited:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Would like to think we'd be close to selling out. After the start we've had and it's fairly local.

Good points but as others have pointed out, it's also one of the worst days out in the 92.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here