Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reading Away

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Will be taking off from Chicago about 3.15 am UK time - landing at LHR at about 10.30 - should be able to get to Reading for kick off.

Fair weather fan...

dibsy

Jul 26, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
Soulless ground, no atmosphere from the home fans and we don't have a great record there.. I'm sure the Albion fans will make a good day of it all the same!

My advice if you're driving is to avoid the car parks next to the ground, took 45 minutes to get out of last time. I can't remember exactly where we parked last time I went but it's probably the one mentioned in this: http://www.footballgroundguide.com/...dium-reading.html#adirections-and-car-parking

You were right about the car park - took ages to get out. Only a 7 minute walk to the ground but across roads and roundabouts. It was a bit toilet around that area but the game was fun, the singing and the chanting was a good laugh (that 106 points chant of theirs was just sad) and we enjoyed out first away game and will defo do it again.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If you don't mind a 20-25 minute walk, there is an excellent pub called The Swan on Basingstoke Road, just the other side of the M4 (RG7 1AT on the satnav). Last couple of times I've been to Reading we've parked there for pre-match drinkies and a scoff, and walked to the ground from there.

Afterwards you can happily mince your way past all that queuing traffic and be back on the M4 in no time.

Bit delayed in my response (although you should understand the delay), but many thanks for this post. It greatly assisted in making the day go smoother :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bit delayed in my response (although you should understand the delay), but many thanks for this post. It greatly assisted in making the day go smoother :thumbsup:

We parked there as well, excellent idea and straight onto the M4

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

No worries :thumbsup:

I've been there on my last 2 trips to Reading. Nice little boozer, and keeps you out of the jams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here