Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Renewals

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Being 76 now I do like a bit of comfort...and being disabled I get a free seat for a carer...two for the price of one...a good bargain.

Bingo

Jul 27, 2014
Seaford
Gold pricing is staggered over the 5 years

Year 1 - £85 +VAT monthly / £1020 +VAT annually
Year 2 - £87 +VAT monthly / £1044 +VAT annually
Year 3 - £89 +VAT monthly / £1068 +VAT annually
Year 4 - £91 +VAT monthly / £1092 +VAT annually
Year 5 - £93 +VAT monthly / £1116 +VAT annually
Total cost of 5 year membership: £5340 +VAT

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
There is no mention of this on the renewals page or the stationary they sent out.

In the FAQ:

"
[h=4]In the first term I paid a Five-Year licence fee. May I change to a Lifetime membership?[/h]
Yes – the lifetime membership price remains unchanged at £1000 per seat plus VAT. Purchase of a further Five-Year licence would otherwise be required at £500 per seat plus vat. In either case please complete the renewal process for your seat and a member of the 1901 club administration team will contact you regarding paying any licence fees applicable."

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I'm still upset there isn't a one or two year option, even at a higher price as I'm really reluctant to commit for a full 5 years. I would have thought it would have been a win/win solution for the club to offer the option of shorter terms at a higher price because it would have encouraged a bigger take up at with additional income from those only wanting to commit for a shorter period.

I really would have been happy to pay more for less if that makes sense.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Gold pricing is staggered over the 5 years

Year 1 - £85 +VAT monthly / £1020 +VAT annually
Year 2 - £87 +VAT monthly / £1044 +VAT annually
Year 3 - £89 +VAT monthly / £1068 +VAT annually
Year 4 - £91 +VAT monthly / £1092 +VAT annually
Year 5 - £93 +VAT monthly / £1116 +VAT annually
Total cost of 5 year membership: £5340 +VAT

so with the £500+vat seat licence... it is £7008 over the five years, or £61 a match for the 23 league matches a season.

Our seats at the front of WSU work out at £24 a match .. so I guess I won't be applying to upgrade our 4 seats.

Bingo

Jul 27, 2014
Seaford
so with the £500+vat seat licence... it is £7008 over the five years, or £61 a match for the 23 league matches a season.

Our seats at the front of WSU work out at £24 a match .. so I guess I won't be applying to upgrade our 4 seats.

Yes that is correct, and the price per season is a staggering £1401.60 which is crazy when you consider you could get a similar or better seat this season for £650.00

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Yes that is correct, and the price per season is a staggering £1401.60 which is crazy when you consider you could get a similar or better seat this season for £650.00

Wow..I have two good WSL tickets @ £650...Was considering upgrading if poss..You`ve convinced me otherwise.:cheers::cheers:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's interesting to see that the price increases are explicit now, although I guess it's simply that they have to be given the nature of the contracts.

The annual increase is relatively modest. Those prices will look very reasonable should we attain a promotion over the next five years.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
It's interesting to see that the price increases are explicit now, although I guess it's simply that they have to be given the nature of the contracts.

The annual increase is relatively modest. Those prices will look very reasonable should we attain a promotion over the next five years.

Are they fixed even if we get promoted then ? I didn`t think so...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am happy with that. More chance of watching Premier League than League One and I love this division as long as we are competitive, so win win is the most likely scenario for my commitment.

I know what I'm paying for the next five years too.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

I think that is a fair summary. I am weighing up whether to renew or not. If it's five years in the premiership I suspect that is very very good value. If it is five years of last season then it's a rip off. So a bit of a gamble really. Hard to beat the view from the seats though, and moving to somewhere else will be very limited in choice.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The only thing that surprises me is that they are doing five years again. I really thought they would do it one or two years at a time now to give them the flexibility to really hike the prices if we go up. But this suits me better at these prices I think.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The only thing that surprises me is that they are doing five years again. I really thought they would do it one or two years at a time now to give them the flexibility to really hike the prices if we go up. But this suits me better at these prices I think.

True. But equally it's solid good regular income from long term fans. I guess Barber is thinking long term.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

They promotional stuff says "around 2.5%" a year but when one actually goes on-line to renew the exact figures come up which are pretty close to 2.5. I guess the exact figures are too wordy so they use a loose term in the promo bumf.

D

Deleted User X18H

I wonder what the 'something money can't buy ' event for early renewers is ?

Why have they sent me a SIM card ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here