Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock the problem!!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Just how little do you have to know about football to think Baldock is 'the problem'?

Ashley Barnes mark 2. Seem to recall he did alright in the Premier League after being abused by morons and labelled as a 'League 1 player'. Just hope the bellends don't start getting on Baldock's back in a similar fashion.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Just how little do you have to know about football to think Baldock is 'the problem'?

Ashley Barnes mark 2. Seem to recall he did alright in the Premier League after being abused by morons and labelled as a 'League 1 player'. Just hope the bellends don't start getting on Baldock's back in a similar fashion.

hit_nail_on_head_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

I'm sure we might have a saviour elsewhere.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
As good as his all round play is he doesn't hit the target often enough. Not just on today's performance but since he came to the club. Yes he makes good little runs but we'll need more goals from him if we are to remain near the top. Mind you Hemed didn't pull up any trees either today.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Top of league, unbeaten, and post mortems are already under way.

I think the Coroner's Office will be rather confused by this league leading corpse.

Completely agree with this. It was frustrating not to win today but looking back at the first 10 games overall, we have had a fantastic start to the season.

It doesn't mean we shouldn't look to improve but threads like this calling Baldock the problem and the one on Greer seem unnecessary when we're doing so well.

For what it's worth, Baldock does need to score more for a striker but he offers a lot more than just goals and I've been really impressed with him this season.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It's pretty much a continuation of what Baldock did (or rather, didn't do) last season. Continues to be a bit of a lightweight and should probably have been swept away with the rest of last season's misfiring strikers. BZ is not the answer anymore. Said it on another thread but Barnes or Murray would have had an absolute field day today. Pretty ridiculous how we let our best strikers go at the drop of a hat yet hang on to the duds as long as possible.

Ulloa would have had a field day. Wanna bet? :wink:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hate saying this because he's actually been playing well, but 1 goal in ten games just isn't good enough .
We just lack a real poacher if the club could get someone in on loan till Jan think it would be huge , but not sure who we would get .

Agree with that.

sorry why did you start this thread?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Baldock's first touch and control of lofted throughballs dropping over his shoulder is world class.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
As good as his all round play is he doesn't hit the target often enough. Not just on today's performance but since he came to the club. Yes he makes good little runs but we'll need more goals from him if we are to remain near the top. Mind you Hemed didn't pull up any trees either today.

Baldock isn't the answer I'm afraid - he simply doesn't score anywhere near enough goals since he joined and I for one think we need a replacement in January if he doesn't pick up scoring very shortly

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He's what we have at the moment and he's playing as well for us now as he's done since he arrived.

We're top of the league, 10 games unbeaten, why can't you just make player comments on the match ratings thread!!?? This and the Greer thread are just embarrassing look at me threads that just scream negative bullshit.

They're playing their hearts out for the Brighton shirt at the moment, bloody well enjoy it!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

If Baldock had an ounce more acceleration he might be comparable to Vardy, Callum Wilson, Ings, Redmond, Zaha, D Gray (not Vydra though who is not as good as those) or of he could shoot as well as Martin. If the opposition defence is alert they can stop him. Several times running off the shoulder of the defender, he cannot do them for pace. Room for improvement, but I am not so sure he is going to get just that little bit better ???

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Hate saying this because he's actually been playing well, but 1 goal in ten games just isn't good enough .
We just lack a real poacher if the club could get someone in on loan till Jan think it would be huge , but not sure who we would get .

Aguero hadn't scored for Man City in the league for ages before today. How. Did they do this afternoon...........

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Gets on my tits people saying we're top of the league why are people moaning ,but for me it's striving to be the best we can be and take this chance to get promoted !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here