Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Australia

I'm not sure you are right there. Obviously we will be a large revenue loss, but Wales, Scotland and Ireland will be there. Also, the last eight will be full of quality sides.

I'm quite looking forward to it, but mainly from the purist Rugby perspective.

Indeed. Imagine how you would feel if England turned out to be one of the best four teams in this tournament

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Bet Lancaster wishes he had picked Cipriani right now. None of this lot have a clue how to break the Aussies down. Last week I asked if Mark Robinson was managing this lot, this week I think even he would do a better job.

Not really. The England dressing room is no place for over inflated egos and clothes horses. Rugbys version of KP.

We have a great side, but young. And Lancaster plays such a negative brand of rugby, always has done. Time for him to go. Who replaces him though..... No idea.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
This is Australia and pay back time for 2003 making sure England don't even get out off the group. Simple really its called being motivated.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Johnny Wilkinson still reckons England can win...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not sure you are right there. Obviously we will be a large revenue loss, but Wales, Scotland and Ireland will be there. Also, the last eight will be full of quality sides.

I'm quite looking forward to it, but mainly from the purist Rugby perspective.

Fair enough, but think you might be in a fairly small minority there.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
O.k - time to break rank: F***ing public school boy, elitist, house master buggering middle class egg chasing privileged sport dross. Those born with silver spoons in their fat oversized bodies have let the nation down, this awful sport can f**k off forever. Obviously I don't actually mean any of that drivel but I'm pretty gutted about the 1st half performance.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Not really. The England dressing room is no place for over inflated egos and clothes horses. Rugbys version of KP, have a great side, but young. And Lancaster plays such a negative brand of rugby, always has done. Time for him to go. Who replaces him though..... No idea.

Yeh, you are right, an over inflated ego who actually believes in himself as opposed to this team who play in straight lines and are incapable of thinking on their feet...

As I said earlier, I don't understand rugby. But I did see some pillock - one of the English coaches I think - say on TV that England needed to make sure that Australia felt it was all right to give up on this game, it wasn't necessary for them to win it.

I bet that clip was shown to all the Aussie players. When did you last see an Aussie team that laid down and gave up (other than in the last Ashes series)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
O.k - time to break rank: F***ing public school boy, elitist, house master buggering middle class egg chasing privileged sport dross. Those born with silver spoons in their fat oversized bodies have let the nation down, this awful sport can f**k off forever. Obviously I don't actually mean any of that drivel but I'm pretty gutted about the 1st half performance.

The fact is, we spend an awful lot of time slagging off our national football team, but our Rugby Union side are and always have been a far bigger let down. We have three times as many registered players as South Africa the next largest, we are basically playing smaller countries, with less players every time we take the field. Yet we look second rate more often than not.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Indeed. Imagine how you would feel if England turned out to be one of the best four teams in this tournament

I'd feel great. But as I said after the Fiji game, England are looking very under cooked going into this tournament. I'm a bit surprised this is happening, I thought they'd reach the quarters, but winning the trophy was very unlikely.

Just out of interest, for those of you who do understand what is going one (there must be someone out there, shirley?), is the ITV coverage of Rugby as crap as their football coverage?

Thank God Andy Townsend didn't play rugby

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Just out of interest, for those of you who do understand what is going one (there must be someone out there, shirley?), is the ITV coverage of Rugby as crap as their football coverage?

Thank God Andy Townsend didn't play rugby

No, absolutely not. It's been fantastic, with insightful commentary teams, pundits that have been there, done it and won the t shirt, and unobtrusive ad breaks. Just a shame our clueless berks haven't lived up to it

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
The fact is, we spend an awful lot of time slagging off our national football team, but our Rugby Union side are and always have been a far bigger let down. We have three times as many registered players as South Africa the next largest, we are basically playing smaller countries, with less players every time we take the field. Yet we look second rate more often than not.

I agree. England rugby team rarely deliver and suffer the same uninspiring and boring approach as the England football team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here