Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Australia

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
There is no doubt that the southern hemisphere plays a better and different style of rugby than we do. Australia's no10 was so much better than ours.Totally outclassed tonight although it hurts to say it.

WASH

Jul 6, 2003
Rustington
At least we now know that the rugby team are as good at World Cups as the football and cricket teams and can't get out of the group stages!

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
With Lancaster and Hodgson in charge, is it any wonder we are where we are (worst Rugby and Football final results in history).
Unfortunately for Lancaster he does not get qualifiers against teams like San Marino etc to make his win ratio sound better.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No complaints about tonight, Australia were simply better than us. My Welsh friends are having a field day.

:ffsparr:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
tweet-650411751436079105-2.jpg

:D

Surprise surprise, lets face it you are never pro English on any threads, so you laughing and reveling in the loss is par for the course, like quite a few on here actually.
We were not good enough and were beaten by a better team, but i will keep on supporting my country, whilst you seem rather pleased we lost.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
A near sell out for the grand final. Which is odd considering the pitiful semi final attendances. Wigan v Huddersfield got 10,000.

A game dying on its arse.

Huddersfield have never been a draw, a near sell out year on year for the grand final shows the game is dead

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
There is no doubt that the southern hemisphere plays a better and different style of rugby than we do. Australia's no10 was so much better than ours.Totally outclassed tonight although it hurts to say it.

Exactly, although i remember a certain no10 for England being outstanding when we won the World Cup on Aussie soil in 2003. Hopefully we will come again.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Surprise surprise, lets face it you are never pro English on any threads, so you laughing and reveling in the loss is par for the course, like quite a few on here actually.
We were not good enough and were beaten by a better team, but i will keep on supporting my country, whilst you seem rather pleased we lost.

Aw, boohoo! :cry:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Huddersfield have never been a draw, a near sell out year on year for the grand final shows the game is dead

I actually enjoy watching league. I apologise for calling you a wanker, but it really riles when I see or hear English people enjoying England **** up in any sport.

Both codes of rugby have their merits; there's no need for league fans to have such a chip on their shoulders about the union game.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
No comfort at all but Wilkinson is a great pundit. I can't quote him exactly but he said no disrespect but we're not good enough....not my opinion, that's what the results tell us. Need to look again at how hard we work, how much we want to succeed.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
No complaints about tonight, Australia were simply better than us. My Welsh friends are having a field day.

:ffsparr:

Let them for a week. They will be stuffed next week. Today Scotland thrashed by SA, England well beaten by Oz. Scotland & Wales will be done over in QF against Oz & South Africa respectively and NZ will stuff losers of Ireland/France. There might just be one freak result left out there but there is no chance of a northern hemisphere getting anywhere near winning World Cup.

I wish Germany played rugby, because they would sit down as their footballers did in 2000, work out what has gone wrong, and what they have to do to get it right, and that might just rub off on northern neighbours. Basically. Europe is light years behind southern hemisphere and seems incapable of doing anythung about it. It makes the sport at international level predictable and boring.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Let them for a week. They will be stuffed next week. Today Scotland thrashed by SA, England well beaten by Oz. Scotland & Wales will be done over in QF against Oz & South Africa respectively and NZ will stuff losers of Ireland/France. There might just be one freak result left out there but there is no chance of a northern hemisphere getting anywhere near winning World Cup.

I wish Germany played rugby, because they would sit down as their footballers did in 2000, work out what has gone wrong, and what they have to do to get it right, and that might just rub off on northern neighbours. Basically. Europe is light years behind southern hemisphere and seems incapable of doing anythung about it. It makes the sport at international level predictable and boring.

Bit too early to say that yet. A lot of rugby still to be played.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Credit to Australia, they deserved to win, their game plan was better, their execution was better, their back row was immense.

England's problem is their inability to think on their feet. Time after time Australia were pilfering the ball at the breakdown but we kept isolating the ball carrier and we hardly ever tried to kick for territory.

The stock of Courtney Lawes and Billy Vunipola has risen higher by not being associated with tonight's mess.

The Burgess thing has also not worked out. Time for Lancaster to go.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
oh well we don't have poisonous spiders and snakes trying to kill us here, and I don't like to too much heat as well compared to most people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here