Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have the Club (BHAFC) lost the plot??

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 2719

I cancelled my season ticket with the club last season due to the negative style of Chris Hughton (cue giggling at the back)

But also because i wanted to bring the whole family occasionally, nevertheless spending at least what i did last season if not plenty more but just less often and around the stadium instead.So the CLUB WINS.

Just found out that to my HORROR the club have continually been taking my season ticket money out of my current account since i cancelled in March 2015.

So i called the club this morning and had a lengthy conversation with a programmed SUPPORT (now that's a laugh) service personnel lets call them R2-D2.

When i originally cancelled i had a follow up call from a pleasant young lad that understood my reason for cancelling and he did his best to persuade me otherwise but he understood that i would be coming back to the stadium less often but with more potential spend. (this nice lad has now left the club apparently)

I was sent a survey monkey questionnaire which i filled in and submitted back to the club.

R2-D2 said they have no record of it, i have checked all my emails and can not find there confirmation as i must have deleted it.

So R2-D2 will not open her mind to see of potential LOSS OF INCOME FOREVER even though she has evidence that i told the nice young lad in her CRM that i was cancelling and she is refusing to refund me without me providing evidence of a confirmation email which i don't now have.

Where is the common sense in rubbing a life long CUSTOMER up the wrong way by NOT returning my funds.

What would you do??? :censored::censored::censored:

Last edited by a moderator:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Cancelling because of one years performance & not looking at your bank statements for 6 months leads me to believe there was no e mail that you think you deleted

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That's awful. I am genuinely sorry for the situation you find yourself in. I know that it's easy to have hindsight but it's a damn pity you didn't check the bank statements and cancel the direct debits. I would try to see someone face to face at the club and take it higher. The club should have evidence of your non attendance which will at least provide some evidence of your claim. Any extra tickets bought on a match by match basis will add strength to your argument. Did you send anything by email to the club? Don't just look in your inbox if that's the case.

Good luck.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I have to ask :

a. Why don't you check your bank account for six months ?

b. Why didn't you just cancel the Direct Debit with the bank ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have to ask :

Common sense, clearly not evident here

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
If I were the club, I would give you the benefit of the doubt and give you a credit note, as that won't actually effect them at all, if anything they will gain financially when you buy your next pie. If I were you, I would write a nice short polite letter to uncle Paul. Although the lesson is, if you want a direct debit cancelling do it yourself.

D

Deleted member 2719

Cancelling because of one years performance & not looking at your bank statements for 6 months leads me to believe there was no e mail that you think you deleted

My current account has a regular wage being paid in and regular bills coming out, i have no need to look at my current account, as for cancelling because of the performance did you attend last season? like i said i wanted my family to join me this year, so i couldn't keep my seat, the negative play just made the decision easier.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Common sense, clearly not evident here

You do have to be a bit dim not to cancel a DD yourself. When I leave a supplier I always cancel the DD before I tell them I leaving. Then they have to send the final bill via snail mail. That way my bank account is protected.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
You haven't checked your bank account for 7 months? I suggest you set up online banking ASAP, if the club have reserved the seats in the belief that you're still using them I see no reason why they should refund you.

D

Deleted member 2719

I have to ask :

I know my rough balance and have no need to keep checking it, am i unusual ? i suppose i trust the club not to take money after i have cancelled.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I know my rough balance and have no need to keep checking it, am i unusual ? i suppose i trust the club not to take money after i have cancelled.

But it's not just the club ..... anyone with a DD setup against your account can take whatever they like. How do you know someone hasn't managed to get to your bank account and is taking micro payments which you wouldn't notice if you don't check ? I find it bizarre anyone wouldn't check their bank account to ensure mistakes or even fraud have taken place. Clearly you have plenty of money so can afford to take the risk.

D

Deleted member 2719

That's awful. I am genuinely sorry for the situation you find yourself in. I know that it's easy to have hindsight but it's a damn pity you didn't check the bank statements and cancel the direct debits. I would try to see someone face to face at the club and take it higher. The club should have evidence of your non attendance which will at least provide some evidence of your claim. Any extra tickets bought on a match by match basis will add strength to your argument. Did you send anything by email to the club? Don't just look in your inbox if that's the case.

Good luck.

Thanks, i am livid with them at the moment mainly for the rigidity of there stance on the matter R2-D2 admitted that they could see that i have not used my ticket and that i took my family to the Blackburn game and sat in the East rather than in the WSU where my ST was.

I prefer the face to face thing but may be difficult as on Matchday the excuse seems to be 'it's matchday we don't have time'.
I did reply to the survey but appears i have deleted the email as i do like to keep on top of them.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

If you know your rough balance why did you not factor in you thought you had cancelled your season ticket ?

D

Deleted member 2719

If I were the club, I would give you the benefit of the doubt and give you a credit note, as that won't actually effect them at all, if anything they will gain financially when you buy your next pie. If I were you, I would write a nice short polite letter to uncle Paul. Although the lesson is, if you want a direct debit cancelling do it yourself.

As a Business owner myself, i have always refunded customers that have not used a product because it's great customer service, when potentially they can be a customer for life. I was told it's TEN times easier to keep your customers happy than get new ones. I would like to see if R2-D2 can sort it herself first its only fair and can only help her skills.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I was sent a survey monkey questionnaire which i filled in and submitted back to the club.

R2-D2 said they have no record of it, i have checked all my emails and can not find there confirmation as i must have deleted it.

Nothing in your 'Sent' folder from when you submitted the survey? That would at least go some way towards providing an email trail.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
As a Business owner myself, i have always refunded customers that have not used a product because it's great customer service, when potentially they can be a customer for life. I was told it's TEN times easier to keep your customers happy than get new ones. I would like to see if R2-D2 can sort it herself first its only fair and can only help her skills.
As a business owner, you will be aware that your course of redress is a claim with your bank under the DD guarantee.

http://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitExplained/Pages/DirectDebitGuarantee.aspx

My company do not issue refunds when a DD is taken in error but refer customers to their bank. And BACS is an automated process where it is very easy for mistakes to happen. As others have said, you should cancel your DD manually as well as with the club in case there is a glitch. Maybe the club should have responded in a better way but claiming that they whole club has lost the plot when you hadn't noticed for 6 months seems a bit OTT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here