Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there any alternative to working for the rest of my life?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Go for benefits in the Corbyn world

Which benefits are these? The benefits of a nationalised railway? The benefits of a more balanced economy? Increased social justice?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It may be a bit late but, if you are advised to stick your todger in a Pig's head, do it ! It will be the gateway to social and economic success, remember David Cameron has said he is retiring from politics after this term as he will have made his pile.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Swop with me. I'm 60 in 6 weeks. When many are looking forward to retirement, bus passes and cheaper Albion tickets I'm the first age group who have to work an extra year.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I love my job. Still, at my age, the call of the garden becons.

For the yoof, just work hard now and then you max your income and you can chill out later.

Most people I know whining about work now are people who slacked off earlier in life and are now facing the piper of reality, calling the tune . . .

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If you have no qualifications and no aptitude for hard work, the only job available is to be a politician.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you have no qualifications and no aptitude for hard work

Ever considered becoming an English professional footballer?

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Swop with me. I'm 60 in 6 weeks. When many are looking forward to retirement, bus passes and cheaper Albion tickets I'm the first age group who have to work an extra year.

I am not far behind you (57) and its a real bummer, not having to work longer for me but having to wait longer for my bus pass. I read I won't get one until I am 67!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I love my job. Still, at my age, the call of the garden becons.

For the yoof, just work hard now and then you max your income and you can chill out later.

Most people I know whining about work now are people who slacked off earlier in life and are now facing the piper of reality, calling the tune . . .

Very much this.
Worked long and hard in earlier life and now financially secure many many years before retirement, I don't pretend i liked or enjoyed the work i used to do but it paid well to give me the security. Now i work because i want to and enjoy what I'm doing. if i don't want to work any day now i don't have to.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Spend a year in Oz. You might still have to work, but you won't have to work long hours in perpetual darkness and crap weather and rely on shitty unreliable expensive trains. I promise you, it won't even SEEM like work. Do it before you get tied down. You won't regret it.

This is exactly what my daughter has done and is even saving money whilst working there. Downside obviously for me is not seeing her but she loves it and have to agree she says its like a perpetual holiday.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Do a JK Rowling, an E.L. James or Stephanie Meyer. You don't even have to be a good writer, you just need to hit on some topic with broad popular appeal - boy wizards getting done up the backside by some S&M bloke in slick threads who likes drinking blood should do it, sit back and watch the bidding war for film rights, write two sequels and you'll be a multimillionaire before you've had time to shout out "Quidditch my backside Edward Cullen!"

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You need to somehow break away from the process where you give your time in exchange for money.

My suggestion is to develop a messageboard devoted to a subject you have an interest in, flood it with adverts, plug it every now and again and then sit back and drink cider all day long. Hope this helps.

SeventiesGrumbleFlicksWithLadiesWithHairyMinnieMoos.com has now been registered.

Thanks for the tip!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Which benefits are these? The benefits of a nationalised railway? The benefits of a more balanced economy? Increased social justice?

Those may or may not be benefits, but will come at high cost and the usual economic and financial meltdown at the end of their latest spending spree. Of course i was talking sbout the high benefits world that Labour has ebmedded in their culture that rewards those who chose not to work rather than those who cannot work

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The most realistic way to make enough money to retire 20 years early is to start a business and build it to something sellable in 10-15 years. Don't be too tempted to start a business doing something that you enjoy doing, as chances are that lots of other people will enjoy doing it, and you'll have loads of competition and never make much money.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
The most realistic way to make enough money to retire 20 years early is to start a business and build it to something sellable in 10-15 years. Don't be too tempted to start a business doing something that you enjoy doing, as chances are that lots of other people will enjoy doing it, and you'll have loads of competition and never make much money.

My actual line of work involves advising those who have just sold said businesses and it never ceases to amaze how true this is. Those that sell businesses for life changing sums of money that they enjoy being in are very, very rare.

It also never ceases to amaze how in this country we are afraid of failure but for every person I sit in front of who has sold a business for £10-20m the story is the same. They have had to try, try, try,try, fail and try again before they succeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here