Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recollections of past games against Cardiff?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Brilliant goals from Barnes & Hoskins.

A good double save from Kuszczak from Bellamy's shot & rebound, the following season to win 2-0.

I think it was the 3-1 game where Cardiff fans were comparing CMS to Carlos Tevez, and they weren't taking the piss :lolol:

He did have some good games early on in his career here in fairness,

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Big shout here for the midweek game at in the dark at Withdean. Forget who scored, but we went 1-0 up earlydoors. Next thing, some kind of missile lands on the touchline down by H Block. "SHIT! They're firing ARROWS at us!!" screams somebody, presumably for a policeman. :eek:

Turns out it was only the tail end of Rocketman's rocket :lol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My stand out memory of playing Cardiff was way back in the day and I struggle to even remember who scored (Maybank maybe?) a number of goals in a 5-0 win at the Goldstone. We were 3-0 up at half time and believe and the Cardiff right back was substituted late in the half. Some of these facts could be wrong as it was a long time ago, but it's how I remember it.
Yes, I remember that one - I was there, in my fave position towards the south end of the west stand, and it was Teddy Maybank who scored a hat-trick. Early 1980s, wasn't it?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
My stand out memory of playing Cardiff was way back in the day and I struggle to even remember who scored (Maybank maybe?) a number of goals in a 5-0 win at the Goldstone. We were 3-0 up at half time and believe and the Cardiff right back was substituted late in the half. Some of these facts could be wrong as it was a long time ago, but it's how I remember it.

Good memory of that game, just wondering about my continuous desire to scribble all over things.

01.JPG

02.JPG

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good memory of that game, just wondering about my continuous desire to scribble all over things.

View attachment 68951

View attachment 68952

Love the picture of Wardy there, no doubt he came out with the ball leaving all three in his wake. That's what he did :smile: Best ever "out of my seat" player although I was probably already standing for most games back then...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Definitely unpleasant.

Back in the 70's before I had even heard of brighton, my family, mum, dad, bother and me went to ninian park to see Huddersfield and we lost 4-1. We were the only Huddersfield fans in the ground and when Hudds scored I lept up and was jumping around and was hurled into my seat by my dad! I was only 14 and didn't have any idea of hooligans but I can remember that it was very unpleasant indeed

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
2000/01 BHA and Cardiff going for promotion, at home, Albion 1-0 scorer: Zamora (NSC sponsored game)
2001/02 BHA and Cardiff going for promotion, at home, Albion 1-0 scorer: Zamora
and of course:
2015/16 BHA and Cardiff going for promotion, at home, Albion 1-0 scorer: Zamora

And it seems they haven't forgotten about these games either:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/.../remember-bobby-zamora-banging-goals-10172131

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
2000/01 BHA and Cardiff going for promotion, at home, Albion 1-0 scorer: Zamora (NSC sponsored game)
and of course:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/.../remember-bobby-zamora-banging-goals-10172131

There's a poll to be fixed there. They've asked who was better, Earnshaw or Zamora and the daft welsh buggers have only gone and claimed that Earnshaw was better. After my vote it was 69% to Earnshaw and only 31% for Zamora. Get to work NSC!

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Not that I witnessed it, but surely one of the high points in this fixture history must have been Robin Friday kicking Lawrenson in the face, getting sent off, then sh*tting in Lawrensons bag and going home while the game was still on...

The man really didnt give a fork

Started out at Palace, and the old terrace favourite "Liberty" could easily have been written about him.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Remember going there in the 80's (Ninian park) we won 4-2 I think? and after dozens of Cardiff had been ejected by half time it was one hell of a walk back to the station. Millwall was always bad but you could always blag it with the jelly eels up shooters hill but this was on a different scale, done 51 grounds but this was by far the worst.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
just wondering about my continuous desire to scribble all over things.

For some reason I used to doodle penises on the characters in my comic books. Luckily I had grown out of it by the time I was buying footy programmes.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
[/url]

Ahh yes, the game where Micky Adams came out of the toilet like Dick Jones from RoboCop having earwigged our conversation.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ahh yes, the game where Micky Adams came out of the toilet like Dick Jones from RoboCop having earwigged our conversation.

Yes, that.

Was that the same game as he later absolutely laid into Clive Walker for having the temerity to predict a potential cup upset at Aldershot (before we battered them 5-2)?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Yes, that.

Was that the same game as he later absolutely laid into Clive Walker for having the temerity to predict a potential cup upset at Aldershot (before we battered them 5-2)?

It was indeed part of the same conversation. I also managed to completely shame myself by offering him my jumper to wipe his hands on because there were no paper towels left.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Watching a really poor beam back at Ninian Park and trying very hard not to celebrate when Zamora got the winning goal.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
and of course:

£10 on that returns nearly £500. Has McShane 1-0 Palace written all over it, surely?

Screen Shot 2015-10-02 at 16.04.32.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here