Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff to join in with 'twentys plenty' campaign on Saturday.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Surely the financial landscape in the Championship is far removed from that in the Prem? With the vast ramp up in TV revenue each season, most clubs could admit all fans for free and still have a huge pot of money to play with. The percentage of money from gate receipts in the Prem is far lower than the Championship.

In the Championship, almost every club makes a loss - reducing ticket prices has to be done with FFP and the financial viability of the club in mind. They don't have the same income stream and rely much much more in ticket revenue.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Surely the financial landscape in the Championship is far removed from that in the Prem? With the vast ramp up in TV revenue each season, most clubs could admit all fans for free and still have a huge pot of money to play with. The percentage of money from gate receipts in the Prem is far lower than the Championship.

In the Championship, almost every club makes a loss - reducing ticket prices has to be done with FFP and the financial viability of the club in mind. They don't have the same income stream and rely much much more in ticket revenue.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Be us soon. :thumbsup:
That pig pot of cash might be useful if we get promoted. Can't have it both ways.

Never said I wanted it both ways - I don't! The money in football makes me sick tbh...!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
No they are not, which is why £10 tickets had to be offered for a top of the table clash.

We sold over 20,000 at normal prices.... If we lowered all tix to £10 do you think 50,000 would turn up to produce equal receipts?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I support fan solidarity ideas like this and hope that a lot of us will meet the Cardiff fans for the photo because away fans in particular are ripped-off. However, to be honest I don't reckon £20 is a realistic price; for the Championship I think the right level should be £25-£30 for an adult.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
We sold over 20,000 at normal prices.... If we lowered all tix to £10 do you think 50,000 would turn up to produce equal receipts?

Season ticket prices (in some areas) work out around about that £20 threshold.

Match day prices are too high. Which is why we've not had more than a few hundred ticket sales for each game from home fans. People don't want to pay £40 to watch us play Championship football.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Prices are a disgrace although until players wages are capped things won't change.

Well that won't happen, as it would be illegal.

SAC

May 21, 2014

You suggested that prices are fine but if that were the case why were people not attending a top of the table clash at full price but are willing to do so at £10? That would suggest that price is a factor.

Season ticket prices (in some areas) work out around about that £20 threshold.

Match day prices are too high. Which is why we've not had more than a few hundred ticket sales for each game from home fans. People don't want to pay £40 to watch us play Championship football.

My son and I have one of the cheapest STs, we couldn't afford to go very often on match day prices, I'm certainly not paying away prices such as Leeds, Shitfield Weds etc

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I'm happy to pay the price, it's paying off our debt.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Surely the best way to protest against ticket prices would be to organise a nationwide boycott of all matches during a weekend.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Surely the best way to protest against ticket prices would be to organise a nationwide boycott of all matches during a weekend.

But I'm perfectly happy with the reasonable price I pay for our three season tickets. There's no way I would support that boycott, if we were at home.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Good point. I guess a boycott would grab more attention if Premier League fans did it.

There would never be a full scale boycott of games. People don't want to not support their own team on an issue of away ticket prices.

Maybe fans should refuse to buy any programmes/pies/beers on a specific weekend?

Or try and arrange a minutes silence on 30 mins to show what the atmosphere would be like if no one showed up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here