Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will replace Kayal ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With the players we have there is very little option other than to start Ince and hope he can do the job and when he falters bring on Crofts or bring in somebody competant in the position, even if older before then.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
He's already on 4 bookings. JFC is out on loan til mid Oct at least.

Is Crofts ready ?
Ince has appeared in every game this season (i think ) but from the start ?
An unlikely return for Danny Holla ?

Who would you go for ?

This sounds to me like the club spokesman is softening us up ready for an incoming loan.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Surprised by how many people think playing Crofts in Kayal's position would mean no change in the system, other than the fact they are footballers playing for Brighton there are absolutely no similarities between the two players. There will be a change in system whatever happens, Crofts could never adequately replace Kayal.

Agree with this. Can't see how HKFC can be so certain your entirely wrong. Ridiculous comment

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
With respect, you're entirely wrong. Crofts has plenty to do to demonstrate that he is back to his best, but in terms of style he is plenty similar to Kayal. Both are very mobile up and down centre midfielders, strong in the tackle, capable of a creative pass, and of pitching in with their share of goals. Kayal is better, but otherwise, pretty similar.
With respect, we have different opinions, however I certainly wouldn't be arrogant enough to simply discard yours. In my opinion Crofts now lacks mobility, he's a willing runner but has little pace to go with it, I suspect his game with be further limited since his latest ACL injury. Personally I think people are remembering Crofts as a far more gifted player than he is, similar to how some people thought Hoskins was a goal machine after his lengthy absence.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
With respect, we have different opinions, however I certainly wouldn't be arrogant enough to simply discard yours. In my opinion Crofts now lacks mobility, he's a willing runner but has little pace to go with it, I suspect his game with be further limited since his latest ACL injury. Personally I think people are remembering Crofts as a far more gifted player than he is, similar to how some people thought Hoskins was a goal machine after his lengthy absence.

I don't think Crofts would win the ball in midfield like Kayal can. He would if back to his best - and that's not going to happen I fear - add more goals than Kayal but they aren't that similar in my opinion.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I can't believe anyone would think Crofts is the man for the job, Ince is the way forward if this scenario arises.
Stephens pushing into the more attacking role of the 2 with Ince slightly more holding.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think ROSENIOR would just fit in and play that role as he is the most adaptable player we seem to have

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here