Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murphy's red card

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I've seen a few Bolton fans insisting it was a bad tackle which shows that they must know nothing about football as he slipped. As you can see, his right foot gives way just before he accidentally slides into Danns.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443382718.020933.jpg

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
In real time you can see why he was sent off, but on review it's clear he slipped and hopefully it'll be overturned.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Which is not a lot different to what Butters did at West Ham when we won a few years ago.......

and......? It's still a clear foul - you can't do that!

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
If someone slipped over and handled the ball, Would that be a card? I personally don't even think Murphy deserved a yellow

I don't know which is what I was asking - if a defender fell over onto the ball in the penalty area handling the ball would it be a penalty - if the fall obstructed a clear goal scoring opportunity would it be a red?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I've seen a few Bolton fans insisting it was a bad tackle which shows that they must know nothing about football as he slipped. As you can see, his right foot gives way just before he accidentally slides into Danns.

View attachment 68832

Agreed and his left foot is clearly being raised to kick the ball towards Bong, not kick the defender which is ultimately what happened as he obviously slipped.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agreed and his left foot is clearly being raised to kick the ball towards Bong, not kick the defender which is ultimately what happened as he obviously slipped.

Yep - wasn't even going in for a tackle! Bolton fans on Twitter don't seem to grasp this and are saying 'oh do you usually lunge 2 footed after slipping' :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here