Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugby World Cup - England vs Wales, Twickenham 20:00

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wales were brilliant when they blew us away in Cardiff a couple of years ago, they were most certainly not brilliant today but they're a team that is brave. The Robshaw - Lancaster axis is a busted flush, a tendency to try and hang on too far away from the end, too much "substitution by numbers".

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So in a single sentence, England indiscipline and dumb-arsed decision making handed it to a brave injury decimated side.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not sure the Welsh deserved that overall but we failed to out the game to bed when we were on top for majority of first 60 mins :(

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Marvellous scenes! England gift Wales B Team win!

Cymru am byth! Beth perfformiad gwych o Gymru.

WelshDragon.jpg

Corrected for you :thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What an utterly ****ing dismal weekend this is turning out to be. Sussex relegated, Brighton tossing away a win at Bolton and now losing to ****ing Wales.

:nono:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
What an utterly ****ing dismal weekend this is turning out to be. Sussex relegated, Brighton tossing away a win at Bolton and now losing to ****ing Wales.

:nono:

I was just thinking what a marvellous weekend so far. The Albion set a new record for starting the season unbeaten, Wales mug the English at HQ, and the Toronto Blue Jays make the playoffs for the first time in twenty years. I'll agree about the cricket though.

Oh, and I managed to slag off the NY Yankees, the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Montreal Canadiens in one funeral speech. :)

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Oh well not totally depressed thanks to Skybet going 10/1 wales when ten points down, had to take it

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Sam Burgess is no Sonny Bill. I still can't stop thinking of that pointless kick when were on top into the Welsh 22 when we had options everywhere. Bath reckon he is a flanker...........he certainly didn't look anything today. We picked him to stop Roberts but should have worried about our own three quarter moves.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Can't see us getting out of the pool now. Wales and Aussies will go thru

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
For me , England's problem was game management.

To win games at this level you need to perform at about 85% for 80 mins. England got taken over by adrenaline and played 100% for 30 mins then fell in a hole, recouped then had nothing left in the tank.

Then the decision to not take the draw was a disaster. They already had a bonus point against Fiji so a draw put them in front in the group against Wales instead they've thrown it away.

Can't see them turning this round now to beat Australia

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Rotten defence for the try did it in the end, Watson getting caught out and then the bloke in the middle (Wigglesworth?) clutching at thin air. Plus of course dire discipline with a Welsh kicker scoring everything. Oh well, I suppose it spares us being stuffed by the All Blacks or Saffers, who were back to their best today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here