Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugby World Cup - England vs Wales, Twickenham 20:00

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
After a terrible start to the weekend with Sussex relegated and then the Albion throwing away a two-goal lead, I was expecting the hat-trick this evening but what a result. My nerves are in shreds, my throat is sore but I can't stop grinning. Looking forward to wearing my Welsh jersey to rugby tomorrow :thumbsup:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
For me , England's problem was game management.

To win games at this level you need to perform at about 85% for 80 mins. England got taken over by adrenaline and played 100% for 30 mins then fell in a hole, recouped then had nothing left in the tank.

Then the decision to not take the draw was a disaster. They already had a bonus point against Fiji so a draw put them in front in the group against Wales instead they've thrown it away.

Can't see them turning this round now to beat Australia
If they had gone for the kick would it have been Farrell over Ford ?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I enjoyed it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The injuries will take their toll eventually.

Yes, but England will need five points off Australia, and Wales lose to them, for your scenario to occur. If we finish tied on points with Wales they go through.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
After a terrible start to the weekend with Sussex relegated and then the Albion throwing away a two-goal lead, I was expecting the hat-trick this evening but what a result. My nerves are in shreds, my throat is sore but I can't stop grinning. Looking forward to wearing my Welsh jersey to rugby tomorrow :thumbsup:

Good for you, although I hate you. I'll be fine tomorrow. :angry:

Nov 27, 2009
Good for you, although I hate you. I'll be fine tomorrow. :angry:

Cymru am Byth :smile::clap2: image.jpg

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Yes, but England will need five points off Australia, and Wales lose to them, for your scenario to occur. If we finish tied on points with Wales they go through.

You are assuming then that Wales will be Fiji? I certainly hope you are right but I wouldn't take it for granted.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Not sure the Welsh deserved that overall but we failed to out the game to bed when we were on top for majority of first 60 mins :(

Credit to Wales . More injuries and it seemed to make them stronger. Great belief and determination.
Lack of discipline ,again, costs England.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
In that scenario, England and Wales would probably go through as the Austrlians didn't get the bonus point against Fiji.

My local is flying the St George cross at half mast this morning, God I'm going to enjoy having a few pints brought for me this afternoon.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In that scenario, England and Wales would probably go through as the Austrlians didn't get the bonus point against Fiji.

Actually, good point. I've just looked at the table. Hope on our side.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely no flair in the 3/4 line. One lucky bounce of the ball but classy try from the Welsh was the difference. Really disappointed in our inability to close the game out with the number of penalties conceded when we were ten points ahead. Thickness in abundance.

England deserved absolutely **** all from that game.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

Still a lot to play for in the group. Wales need to ensure they beat Fiji next up with a bonus point to guarantee going through and England need to do the same against Australia.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I admit to knowing nothing about rugby but watched it as it was England and I want them to win everything. Do you experts put the result down to Englands poor play and inability to make openings or Wales good play in preventing them from doing it., Kicking from both teams kickers was good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here