Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV= County Championship Division One, Yorkshire v Sussex at Leeds, Sep 22-25, 2015

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
223/6 looks a lot better than 312/7, but then I don't fancy us getting much more than 250 vs the Yorkshire attack. The next two days are going to be overcast and damp, but Day 4 is dry.

We may have to bat out the day to claim a draw to survive, although Hampshire must be getting worried about his 8th wicket stand now worth 65. Overall, you'd have taken this position at the start of the day. We're lucky that Broad is playing for Notts and Joe Root isn't playing for Yorkshire.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Decent effort so far by Sussex today. One would expect a Yorks win at the end of the day, unless weather significantly intervenes. More to the point I feel is the Notts v Hants game and that is going our way at the moment.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Notts 340 ao
Hants 0/1 - wicket first ball :thumbsup:

That 340 is a decent score - Trent Bridge is not an easy batting wicket at the best of times and in early autumn, it will be very testing. I'd be gobsmacked if Hants got close to maximum batting points.

It's not been a bad day for Sussex, they need to get their heads down tomorrow. 250+ should see them safe

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
What would be the outcome if the heavens opened and not another ball was bowled in either game.

We stay up. Hants were 16 points behind before play. Maximum points without winning (as I assume there won't be a tie) = 13.

A win is worth 16 points, so as long as we get more bonus points than Hants, we stay up. The maximum points Hants can achieve in their game is 24. Therefore, 9 points from Sussex guarantees safety. We already have 2 of them, and we're on the verge of 1 more bowling bonus point. If Hants don't maximise their batting points, or even make 350, our job gets a lot easier!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Does cricket have a 'live' table reflecting games in progress like in football?

Not that I've ever found, I always think it must exist somewhere, its very cricket you end up having to do all the maths in your head. I always assume its because its doesn't mean much until the games have ended, although some may update after the first innings to take account of the bonus points.

Excellent Hampshire are one down, although this may be tough tough batting for us, need to graft especially if we have to chase a score.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here