Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EU Referendum NSC opinion poll 2015

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Unio

• Leave the European Union

Votes: 124 49.2%
  • Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 128 50.8%

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I really think that there is a great deal of ignorance about the European Union. It strikes me that there has never been a greater need for the EU than now, and if people think that the future is being out of the EU then they are deluded.

That is not to say that the EU is by any means perfect, and much of it needs urgent reform. But those who hark back to the time when the UK was outside the EU need to consider that since that time China, India, Russia, Brazil are now all global players unencumbered by the divisions of currency, language and border.

If we are to compete in the long-term then the EU has to co-operate, but the focus has to change away from purely nation self-interest towards a more global, humanitarian outlook. The refugee crisis demonstrates that the true extent of "Union" is paper thin. I've always believed that the UK should be working with Germany to drive the EU forward, but our reluctance to commit has helped create the dog's dinner we now have.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I love some of the absolutely plucked out of the air figures quoted by Europhiles on the costs to us of staying members.£15 per head?Really?Even the last set of figures released by the EU (2011) quoted over £100 per man,woman,and child in the UK.Not even per taxpayer.Just the admin costs of this gravy-train,nearly 8 billion euros last year,is more than we get back for farming subsidies,the main benificiary of this lunacy!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The EU will crumble and personally I don't think we belong in it and won't ever get on with the likes of Germany and France....These countries will dictate everything as well as those EU wallies.

Out asap

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I really think that there is a great deal of ignorance about the European Union. It strikes me that there has never been a greater need for the EU than now, and if people think that the future is being out of the EU then they are deluded.

That is not to say that the EU is by any means perfect, and much of it needs urgent reform. But those who hark back to the time when the UK was outside the EU need to consider that since that time China, India, Russia, Brazil are now all global players unencumbered by the divisions of currency, language and border.

If we are to compete in the long-term then the EU has to co-operate, but the focus has to change away from purely nation self-interest towards a more global, humanitarian outlook. The refugee crisis demonstrates that the true extent of "Union" is paper thin. I've always believed that the UK should be working with Germany to drive the EU forward, but our reluctance to commit has helped create the dog's dinner we now have.

Why do you Europhiles feel that just because we want out of the EU, we no longer wish to co-operate, trade and be friends with all nation states, do you think that just because we no longer feel the EU represents our interests that the EU, China, Brazil and the USA wont buy our widgets and call us names ?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Stay in the EU, play and active role and make it better. Perhaps a 2 tiered membership is the solution.

Leaving will see us isolated, act as a catalyst to the break up of the UK and leave our borders uncontrolled when the witch north of the border makes her own rules.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Stay in the EU, play and active role and make it better. Perhaps a 2 tiered membership is the solution.

Leaving will see us isolated, act as a catalyst to the break up of the UK and leave our borders uncontrolled when the witch north of the border makes her own rules.

To whom ......

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Isolated from what?
We was isolated for our whole existence until the last 15 years or so as you so put it.
We don't need to be part of this hideous European Union full stop and we will always be in Europe regardless.Time to get back to spreading our wings and to get trading with countries on the up.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why do you Europhiles feel that just because we want out of the EU, we no longer wish to co-operate, trade and be friends with all nation states, do you think that just because we no longer feel the EU represents our interests that the EU, China, Brazil and the USA wont buy our widgets and call us names ?

I totally believe that if we duck out of the EU now then it will damage our relationship with other EU states in the long term. They don't like us much now as it is, why would things get better if we leave?

It's not just about money, it's about environment, human rights, refugees, our relationship with Russia, North Africa. We need to co-operate more effectively and can do that better within the EU.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here