Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top 3 restaurants/gastropubs in Brighton?

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Fatto Mano - Newly opened in Preston Circus, family run Pizza joint I've been a few times and the food is fantastic, informal and noisy perfect Italian vibe probably need to queue for a table.

Posh and expensive and quiet. Ginger-man.

Mid range smart and French, Cote.

Curry - Chili Pickle informal but upmarket, Indian Summer great food and more formal, but have not been since they changed premises, or Curry Leaf, informal great food ( chef worked at the Chili Pickle).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If they fancy a trip out Arundel way I'd recommend the George and Dragon in Burpham. Seems to have made a comeback having been pretty ordinary for a few years. Great setting too.

Bought by several families from the actual village so it said on the menu the other day when I popped in for a pint. I didn't actually eat there but the Sunday lunch looked nice enough. Not cheap though.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not had a bad meal yet at Cote,they must be doing something right you normally have to book

Mainly pocketing the 12% service charge they add to the bill, whilst INSTRUCTING their staff to tell the public that they get the tips. I have really enjoyed Côte in the past, will not return until their policy changes.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Mainly pocketing the 12% service charge they add to the bill, whilst INSTRUCTING their staff to tell the public that they get the tips. I have really enjoyed Côte in the past, will not return until their policy changes.

On my recent visit they are now instructed to say the tip is optional, so just take the service off and give the tip direct. Many establishments don't give the tip to the waiters or if they do its only a portion of the service charge so Cote are not the only ones by any means.
A friend who worked in many restaurants in Brighton always ask for the service charge to be taken off, and has done for years, then gives cash as the tip, since I have become aware of how widespread this is I tend to do the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here