Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jacqui Oatley

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I didn't mind last night as there were so few of them and they're club are at the bottom, but I generally don't like it.

There was a thread on here before the game, and I think it said he hadn't missed one since about 96.

It was longer ago than 96 as we commented last night that he has attended every game since before my daughter was born, in '94. 1000 games is staggering (although he probably has travelled fewer miles than a Brighton fans going to 700 of our games).

Paul Barber presented him with a shirt with 1,000 on the back

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Indeed, much of the fun of away games (and particularly distant northern grimeholes) is going to the local pub, chatting to the opposition fans, and realising - they're just like us.

Yes. Wherever we live, whatever we do for a living, whatever our income might be . . . football is a great leveller.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This. We may support other teams and hurl abuse at each other during the games, but both fans are there for the same reason. I don't think it's too much for a round of applause for them making the effort...it's not much and its clearly appreciated.
I was with you until I realised you were talking about applauding the away fans. Bollox to that. I'd happily have a drink with them, we're all the same, but when the game is on they are my enemy, and they can **** right off.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can recall Jaqui Oatley being the first female commentator on MOTD highlights a few years ago (Fulham v Blackburn ?). She ended up getting absolute DOGS abuse on social media though, so I don't think the experiment was repeated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here