Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering disasters tonight

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was informed there were no special pies this evening, not that they had run out.

I was also told that they sell less pies at midweek games, which I find hard to believe as it's when I buy more. I guess someone does the stats, though.

My steak pie and pint of Harvey's was top notch. I did buy them pre 7pm, though. Also ESL, which seems to get less negative comments than most areas anyway.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I was informed there were no special pies this evening, not that they had run out.

I was also told that they sell less pies at midweek games, which I find hard to believe as it's when I buy more. I guess someone does the stats, though.

My steak pie and pint of Harvey's was top notch. I did buy them pre 7pm, though. Also ESL, which seems to get less negative comments than most areas anyway.
WSU is a joke. The North end kiosk had pretty much sold out of everything five minutes into half time.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
21.45 ordered 3 pints of Fosters - all of them no heads, flat and warm so they were returned. Replaced with proper pints, but this is the third time this season I've been served flat beer in the WSU.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder

I can believe they sell less pies. There's never any to buy!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
WSU is a joke. The North end kiosk had pretty much sold out of everything five minutes into half time.

Yup, that was my first port of call on leaving my seat on 42 minutes (I wouldn't normally bother, but I'd gone straight from work with no dinner and was absolutely hank marvin). Was pleased to see a relatively small queue, but then discovered the reason - no hot food whatsoever on sale. FFS. Half time had barely been blown. UNbelievable.

By the time I'd trotted over to a central kiosk the queues were fully formed of course. I did actually manage to get a steak pie in the end, but it was lukewarm and the meat was chewy. Like I say, I wouldn't normally bother, and tonight reminded me exactly why. Utter, utter shizer, as has largely been the case for 4 years now. If they still can't get it right by now, its pretty obvious they never will.

Amex food is a desperate, desperate last possible resort for me. Its hopeless.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You can pre-order drinks for half-time? Really? Where? How does this work?

The above aside, I've now largely abandoned trying to buy anything in the ground now.

Zickro

Aug 9, 2015
im new to NSC but is not a catering disaster every game F*** the food if we can keep up with the results! whats up with people it a football ground not a bloody Michelin star restaurant, so long as they have booze!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
im new to NSC but is not a catering disaster every game F*** the food if we can keep up with the results! whats up with people it a football ground not a bloody Michelin star restaurant, so long as they have booze!

Someone chimes in with this kind of comment every time there is one of these threads and it's a load of shit really.

The club are not only pissing off a lot of the paying customers with the catering shambles, but they are also losing themselves money: so it's bad for everyone.

Yeah there are more important things at football than catering, but good football and good catering are not mutually exclusive.

Not to mention your final point seeming pretty invalid when you consider half the comments in this thread are mentioning inadequate 'booze'. It's not a case of people wanting 'a Michelin star restaurant' at all, it's a case of people wanting the option to have edible food and the choice of drinks as they are advertised.

Where do we draw the line with your logic? 'The shitters are spewing out raw sewage and a mutant rat nibbled my child as Richard Reynolds spoke at length about his extensive stamp collection during the interval. The trains have been replaced with a single penny farthing, the club shop has been turned into a 'cereal cafe' and Paul Barber has started sending en masse replies to customer queries saying '**** YOU ****', but yeah it's fine as long as we win.'

It's hard to grumble too much when the club are doing so much right on and off the pitch at the moment, but the only way things will improve is if they are highlighted.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Had the pleasure of the Harveys lounge and my god the bar service was shocking, apparently everyone of the staff apart from the super was a first time behind a bar type.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No special pies or other 'special' stuff (pasta, curry etc) in WSL last night. Plenty of the usual stuff before the game and at half time, queues were short and chicken and chorizo pie was very good.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think they are selling out of Harveys so they have room for John Smith for next weekend and they have plenty of supply of lager as the toilets are plumbed into the Lager taps. :cheers::sick::whistle::wave::facepalm:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No Harvey's after the game. Drank a gassy lager and moved on. The pub got the rest of our group's money. Sort it out Sodexo.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I say this time and time again. But imagine if you ran a business where people were BEGGING to put their money in your tills. The only barriers between you and a mountain of profit are to have adequate amounts of stock and serve people faster. Imagine that.

I wonder how much better the catering would be if the club took it in house?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here