Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could tonight be lowest league home attendance since Amex properly completed?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I always feel deeply sorry for the folks going eastwards after a midweek game. Us lot going to Brighton get a couple of 8 carriage trains earlydoors, whereas the folks on the opposite platform get a crummy 3 or 4 carriage job as the first train home. I'd seriously suggest that anybody going east thinks about going into Brighton and doubling back.
Waited for the final whistle, went for a wee, walked down to the station, straight on a train to Brighton, no queuing. Home by 10.50 via the 12 bus.

Zickro

Aug 9, 2015
As long as we get three points, I couldn't give a monkeys how many are there.

this exactly! east stand looked a little empty north looked packed couldn't see the west cause thats where i sit but we are top of the f*ing league! fu

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
I reckon just over 20k tonight :-(

anyone know the current lowest, tried googling it but gave up after a while as I'm sure one of you lot just know these things :bowdown:

Hi

I have all home crowds (with away element separately itemised) in a spreadsheet at home. Obviously awesome

In terms of pretedances announced by the club (rather than people actually there), last night was the lowest home and away at the expanded AMEX

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Hi

I have all home crowds (with away element separately itemised) in a spreadsheet at home. Obviously awesome

In terms of pretedances announced by the club (rather than people actually there), last night was the lowest home and away at the expanded AMEX

No it wasn't - as I posted earlier, Wigan brought fewer fans last season.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
165 from Rotherham.

Wigan brought 161 last season, but yes, second worst (in league matches).
A pedantic point but I asked a steward this and he said some Wigan fans took a box that game, so technically they had more than Rotherham

Adding: but to be fair you are right based on announced away attendances

Third worst was Barnsley a couple of years ago I think

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Season ticket renewals were down by 2000 which was a result of last season's shambles. It will not be immediately offset by this season's success. Even if all of them want to see a game they will not all book a ticket for the same game, meaning the announced number starts at a disadvantage, Rotherham will bring next to no one meaning some of our walk ups will need to replace missing away fans. It's school time so quite a few kids won't go. We've got two friends coming on two of our kids' tickets but they are replacements not additions.

All this means I think we will be slightly down at around 21k announced circa 20k in the door.

That said if I wasn't a STH already I would be CHOMPING at the bit to see this team. The four game discount should start to appeal and if we're still top in the second half of the season tickets will be like gold dust.

Yes, I agree. Last year's shambles has really bitten into the psyche and we are still suffering as a result. I was very disappointed with the crowd last night -the start the team has made surely deserved better, even allowing for Rotherham/night match/school etc, but I am sure that as the season progresses, and if the team can stay at or near the top, then the fans will start to come back. Two in our road did not renew and as yet have shown no interest in returning, so there is work to do. Is the club now giving the actual attendance, rather than (season) tickets sold, because I am sure that we have had crowds such as last night's in the past, where the given figure was higher?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
A pedantic point but I asked a steward this and he said some Wigan fans took a box that game, so technically they had more than Rotherham

Adding: but to be fair you are right based on announced away attendances

Third worst was Barnsley a couple of years ago I think
Sure I heard that a number of Rotherham fans were guests of the club last night, in a box, because one had amassed 1000 consecutive Rotherham games

The club have done a remarkable job keeping crowds above 20k,unfortunately the walk up crowd will always suffer due to having to purchase tickets and the cost,how many Brighton non season ticket holders went last night 500? For a team sitting on top of the league and unbeaten this must be a concern.Expect the walk up numbers to increase if we continue the good start and most opposition will be more attractive than Rotherham:moo:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes, I agree. Last year's shambles has really bitten into the psyche and we are still suffering as a result. I was very disappointed with the crowd last night -the start the team has made surely deserved better, even allowing for Rotherham/night match/school etc, but I am sure that as the season progresses, and if the team can stay at or near the top, then the fans will start to come back. Two in our road did not renew and as yet have shown no interest in returning, so there is work to do. Is the club now giving the actual attendance, rather than (season) tickets sold, because I am sure that we have had crowds such as last night's in the past, where the given figure was higher?

I'm disappointed to have been about right too. This team deserve to be watched by a full house. I think they have to give sold tickets as everyone else does it too.

leo.eyles

May 7, 2015
The club have done a remarkable job keeping crowds above 20k,unfortunately the walk up crowd will always suffer due to having to purchase tickets and the cost,how many Brighton non season ticket holders went last night 500? For a team sitting on top of the league and unbeaten this must be a concern.Expect the walk up numbers to increase if we continue the good start and most opposition will be more attractive than Rotherham:moo:
My theory is that most casual Albion fans have a friends/family network that includes STHs. For midweek games in particular there are often spare STH seats that get given away or at most pro-rata STH rate, undermining the full price market.

Have seen the "2 mates for £10 each" promotion for Cardiff. This looks like a good initiative to address the above.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
In my opinion the differential in price between the STH pro-rata price, which when you factor in transport is bargain anywhere in the ground, and the walk-up price is too great. The flexi-four package is a very good step in the right direction and should we continue to remain near the top I can see more of these being sold, and a potential half season ticket boost at christmas too.

This team deserves backing and we have two weeks and games to sell the next game against Cardiff.

In my opinion the differential in price between the STH pro-rata price, which when you factor in transport is bargain anywhere in the ground, and the walk-up price is too great. The flexi-four package is a very good step in the right direction and should we continue to remain near the top I can see more of these being sold, and a potential half season ticket boost at christmas too.

This team deserves backing and we have two weeks and games to sell the next game against Cardiff.

If we are in the same position at Christmas i could see around 3,000 half season tickets go!

My theory is that most casual Albion fans have a friends/family network that includes STHs. For midweek games in particular there are often spare STH seats that get given away or at most pro-rata STH rate, undermining the full price market.

Have seen the "2 mates for £10 each" promotion for Cardiff. This looks like a good initiative to address the above.

my 4 games last season were all on mates rates!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
If we are in the same position at Christmas i could see around 3,000 half season tickets go!
Yes, agreed, particularly if we are still at or near the top, and the there is a sniff of the Premier League. . .At present I use a mate's ticket as he has three, and rarely if ever needs them all, but will certainly buy a half season ticket then, as the mate will no doubt come under considerable pressure to loan them all out, should we be in the Promised Land.

Jan 30, 2008
only for the big game charlies , £30+ against (with all respect to Rotherham) club don't care obviously
regards
DR

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Highest of the night, trouble is & in 18 days is consecutive homes in 3 days. When we get into regular fortnight Sat stuff it will build, any sniff of the premier & TB will spend £10m on a striker to get us there (=£100m) and people will be queueing overnight

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here