Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When will we lose our first game?

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Sorry kids. It's tomorrow. CH once made a start in the Championship the same as this one (in terms of played, results home & away and points). The 100% record ended on a sad Tuesday in Blackpool after the international break following a 0-1 win. But he still smashed the championship with one of the highest points totals so nothing to worry about :thumbsup:

8 August 2009 West Brom1 – 1Newcastle United
15 August 2009 Newcastle United3 – 0Reading
19 August 2009Newcastle United1 – 0Sheffield Wednesday
22 August 2009Crystal Palace0 – 2Newcastle United
31 August 2009Newcastle United1 – 0Leicester City
13 Sept 2009Cardiff City0 – 1Newcastle United
16 Sept 2009Blackpool2 – 1Newcastle United

Yeah, keep it real, Rotherham will be tough

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We already did at Walsall.
Wonder what the odds are to be undefeated in the league for a season, wins and draws.

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
Please can't we just enjoy the best start we have had for a long while, being top of the league and looking good at the moment, without predicting when we are going to loose ffs.:albion2::albion2:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
tonight, there I have said it.

Banana skin and historically in the AMEX era, we struggle in these games. there appears a hugely improved mindset in this years squad so I think I will be proved. an early goal like Saturday will be terrific news and will steady the nerves.

cant wait

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not today. And that's all we need to say to ourselves whilst looking sternly in the mirror, on the morning of each game day.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Tonight, guaranteed.

(See, I said we would lose, thereby jinxing it that we won't. That is all.)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Playing against bottom of the table immediately after winning valuable points against a team at the top of the table is a traditional Albion pratfall for sure. So probably tonight. Hopefully now jinxed the loss also.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Headline in the "Argus" back in May, "Albion will be glad when Hull come to town rather than The Toon next season"..

We'll see if the "Argus" play the same Toon tomorrow, eh?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Playing against bottom of the table immediately after winning valuable points against a team at the top of the table is a traditional Albion pratfall for sure. So probably tonight. Hopefully now jinxed the loss also.

This game tonight worries me more than Saturday's. Bit perverse, I know, as on paper we should be too strong for them. But that is on paper and we all recall that Barnsley game two years ago in very similar circumstances. NJ has been quoted as saying that the team will not be complacent, but this is more easily said than done, and I would imagine something similar was said then. After two top of the table tussles, it is hard to get the team in the right frame of mind and it will be a good test of CH and his staff's managerial abilities. Hope that I am wrong to be so concerned.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Blimey i thought we were top and enjoying a good run, now its all negativity,spin. No doubt if we were to lose tonight, NSC will have the usually binfest and go into meltdown. Bugger now i'm getting caught up int!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Surprised how many dont have any faith in the side Rotherham will get torn apart.

Sorry, we've seen this movie far too often to have any faith. This is the ultimate hurdle. If we pass this traditional Albion pratfall, then we're nailed on for automatic promotion.

:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here