Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris O'Grady

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I have to say though, I like my strikers to be capable of scoring goals. I guess I'm just old fashioned.

It's a good point well made, me too. I like my singers to be able actually to sing, in much the same way.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Comparing Chris O'Grady with Brazil 1970 is like comparing Dawn French with Michelle Keegan.

The French and Keegan both played wonderful football though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Give it till Christmas when they are floating around the drop zone and he has scored barely any goals.

See how good they think he is then.

You sound like you want him and them to fail miserably. I hope they do well, but fail to make the play offs, but well enough, to want to buy him off of us. I liked him as a player, and he's clearly got ability at this level scoring 15 for Barnsley. He just wasn't the right fit for us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have to say though, I like my strikers to be capable of scoring goals. I guess I'm just old fashioned.
I guess you don't want Zamora? Most of our strikers struggled in our 1 up front system, Chris would have done better in our current set-up. But Hughton doesn't need him at the moment, so at least COG is doing well somewhere.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am glad the lad played well and that the Forrest fans appreciate him but he had the chances to command a first team place here at Brighton both last year and this year in the preseason games under CH and he didn't really take it so good luck to the lad up in Nottingham

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I remember the first games of Leo at Leicester... they thought he was the bee's knees ( I actually still think he is). However his form dipped and the fans really were on his case on the chat lines. CoG is in the same position. Great start but give it 10 games and he's scored one goal and the chat show will be at his throat. Thoroughly honest nice bloke and footballer but probably League 1. I still wish him well!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I remember the first games of Leo at Leicester... they thought he was the bee's knees ( I actually still think he is). However his form dipped and the fans really were on his case on the chat lines. CoG is in the same position. Great start but give it 10 games and he's scored one goal and the chat show will be at his throat. Thoroughly honest nice bloke and footballer but probably League 1. I still wish him well!

I think we have had our patience for a nice guy with some clear ability but is not quite cutting it, eroded by CMS. I wish nothing but the best for O'Grady, and wish it had worked out better for him here.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I guess you don't want Zamora? Most of our strikers struggled in our 1 up front system, Chris would have done better in our current set-up. But Hughton doesn't need him at the moment, so at least COG is doing well somewhere.

I'm quite happy to have Zamora. He's at a completely different stage of his career to COG, we won't be relying on him to be our main striker. He'll have a valuable role to play from the bench, and his track record proves that he is INFINITELY more likely to poach a handful of goals for us this season within that role.

Who would you rather see arriving in the box on the end of a ball being swung in - its a no-brainer isn't it ?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
With Freedman at the helm they're fu cked either way. Did a shit job at Bolton and was, as a result, headhunted by Forest - go figure. Hughton and Slade to get promoted = 2-0 to the good guys.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
This could - I said could - be another sign that there are a fair few teams in this division who simply aren't yet playing to the standard we're currently setting, even to a greater extent than that suggested by the currently league table alone.

There. I've just absolutely TORN it.

I think youre getting carried away

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=43975

He was absolutely slaughtered after that shocking game against Walsall but at the very least this proves he does have the ability. Proper target man.

He deserved to be slaughtered on the grounds that he is, properly, useless. To suggest his one performance for Forest "proves" anything is embarrassingly short termist. You can't judge a player on the basis of one game, he apparently had a good game against QPR which is great for him, but do we really care? A useless lump is off our wage bill, brilliant business by the club to find someone, ANYONE to take him off our hands.

Tottenham have had to pay up their shitter, we managed to loan ours out.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
A goal scorer would have avoided Green's challenge on Saturday.
COG did not fancy his chances with just an open goal to shoot at from 10 yard's so took the challenge and handed the responsibility to the penalty taker.
Surprised he did not get up and grab the ball and demand to take the penalty.....oh yes..

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
You sound like you want him and them to fail miserably. I hope they do well, but fail to make the play offs, but well enough, to want to buy him off of us. I liked him as a player, and he's clearly got ability at this level scoring 15 for Barnsley. He just wasn't the right fit for us.

Do I want a championship rival to fail miserably? Yes, of course. Im not a forrest fan and dont owe them any love.

Do I want COG to fail miserably? No. I actually quite like the guy – he just couldn’t score goals for us.

My post was partly in jest and partly in angst because if he does go and bag 15+ goals for them, pushing a promotion fight with us, I’m sure we will all be royally pee’d off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here