Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you get a Cup Final ticket in 1983?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My Dad was a season ticket holder, and I had the Christmas and Stoke vouchers as well.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I already had the flu and had to go to the Stoke game because I had some vouchers but not sure I had them all. From memory it was freezing that day and it was a rubbish game (Didn't Micky Thomas score against us?).
The next day I became more ill whilst visiting relatives and ended up with bronchitis.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I'm intrigued as to why that ticket says the counterfoil must be retained for at least six months. Is that why you kept it for thirty three years, just in case? :)

Wait...<double take>...five pounds for a Cup Final ticket? FIVE POUNDS?? :ohmy:

Yup. Outrageous price. In those days I could buy a return from Haywards Heath, a programme, a lottery ticket thingy and pay the turnstile admission at the Goldstone all for less than that!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'm intrigued as to why that ticket says the counterfoil must be retained for at least six months. Is that why you kept it for thirty three years, just in case? :)

Wait...<double take>...five pounds for a Cup Final ticket? FIVE POUNDS?? :ohmy:

I remember that seeming rather a lot at the time. And I'm not THAT ancient. Well, ok I am.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
A mates uncle hit the tickets & paid for me and mate to go, both 14 at the time. Replay went with said mate and queued fir ages when should have been at school for the replay. My dad paid for these tickets.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Yes I went by buying a season ticket for the next season (a massive £130 ) - queued for hours for the replay tickets

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Yes, but not on the priority list. I was in Yorkshire and my brother was in Devon at the time and he managed to get 2 from West Brom !!

Turned out we were right in the thick of it in the wrong end.

NeilS

Apr 12, 2012
Got tickets to the FInal & the replay. Don't think we were in any of those categories - just remember bunking off college and queuing with my Dad for hours to get them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I already had the flu and had to go to the Stoke game because I had some vouchers but not sure I had them all. From memory it was freezing that day and it was a rubbish game (Didn't Micky Thomas score against us?).
The next day I became more ill whilst visiting relatives and ended up with bronchitis.

Sounds like you just had a severe case of CUP FEVER.

I didn't go to the first game, but my dad took me to the replay when I was pasty snivelling 11 year old. Should've been my older sister really as she was much more of an Albion fan than I was at the time. But she was all loved up and didn't want to leave her squeeze, so I went instead.

My dad picked me up from school at lunchtime. Can you just IMAGINE the smug-athon I had in class all that day. "I've got the afternoon off. I'm going to Wembley". I went on about it all morning. If I wasn't me, I'd have punched me in the face.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Yep, I was a lottery agent and worked in a warehouse opposite Wadham Stringer. I didn't even have to queue, and the queue that day went up to the Old Shoreham Road, along to Goldstone Lane and snaked it's way down to Hove Station. ... I just walked in the outdoor(so to speak) saw Ron Pavey,who obliged me with a ticket. Very smooth.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, but not on the priority list. I was in Yorkshire and my brother was in Devon at the time and he managed to get 2 from West Brom !!

Turned out we were right in the thick of it in the wrong end.

I was also in Yorkshire, and no-one to get the tickets for me as my Dad wasn't well enough. My cousin was secretary of the Sussex FA, but was mean and didn't make the effort to get me one.
I was glued to the tv from the very start of the day, though. My window was decorated with my scarf and blue & white bunting. Local friends & neighbours all wanted us to win.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
P9140006.JPGP9140006.JPG

Ticket,Programme,Autographs,press photos.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here