Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team vs Rotherham

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
People judge Greer and Bruno more on there age than they do playing ability. Bruno has been class this season, Rosenoir is not going to be frustrated by not being first choice when you have a player playing as well as Bruno.

Indeed:

Firstly, he must battle the popular Bruno for the right-back slot and Rosenior needs no reminding of the Spaniard’s quality – he’s on record as an admirer. "Bruno is a player that I’ve always rated," he says. "I voted for him as the Championship right-back of the year in the season that I was promoted with Hull. Technically, he’s a fantastic right-back."

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-brighton-full-back-on-championship-challenge

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You absolutely cannot change the defence. Greer and Bruno were outstanding on Sat and have been all season. Greer is freer to play now because BFG helps him organise. Bong is going to get done occasionally but he's one of the fastest in the team and will provide much needed attacking ammo on Tuesday.

I'd definitely go at them. If we can get a 1-0 lead I don't think they'll have the ability to come back at us. Unchanged for me with the exception of either Manu or Murphy to come in for Lua Lua and the one that doesn't make it on the bench.

richmond

May 30, 2008
To my mind this game is a bit of a banana skin.

Brighton unbeaten in the league, Rotherham without a win. Top versus bottom. On paper this is a home win but at some point Brighton will lose a league game and Rotherham will get their first win. I'm really hoping for a home win but I'm cautious about this one.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Unbelievable the blind spot people have on certain players. He's been in brilliant form this season, he gives us so many options on the ball, he is tenacious in the tackle, puts his head in where it hurts, and always puts in one hell of a shift. Amazing full back who plays with a real joy of loving his football, genuinely feel for the people that can't see it.
All this and more... he genuinely loves the Albion and the City

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Unbelievable the blind spot people have on certain players. He's been in brilliant form this season, he gives us so many options on the ball, he is tenacious in the tackle, puts his head in where it hurts, and always puts in one hell of a shift. Amazing full back who plays with a real joy of loving his football, genuinely feel for the people that can't see it.

All of this. And not forgetting that delightful diving back header to Stockdale on Saturday to cut out their breakaway through ball.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
March for Rosenior.
Murphy for Lua Lua.
Elvis on the bench.

No other changes.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
They also miss that Dunk prefers playing the left side of the central defensive pairing so tends to be in competition with Hunemeier. The direct competition for the right sided Greer is Goldson

I think too much is currently made of left-side/right-side CBs. I see both Dunk and Hunemeier as able to play on both sides.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Absolutely this on a stick.

If you can't see what Bruno brings to the team you should probably be watching ping pong or shove ha'penny instead.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Absolutely this on a stick.

If you can't see what Bruno brings to the team you should probably be watching ping pong or shove ha'penny instead.

Bruno is a delight to watch. I'm staggered by people suggesting dropping him. For me, along with Kayal and KLL, he's been our best player this season.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
There is absolutely no chance that Bruno will be dropped; however I would say this though and Lua Lua could be the first to discover it the hard way.

With many players picking up yellow cards, this will inevitably bring with it, suspensions. As soon as this happens, we actually have a lot of quality players waiting to take their place and if they come in an play well, the ones being suspended could be the ones then having to wait their turn to get back into the team.

Thats a nice situation to be in though and the first test on this could be Murphy/Lua Lua or Elvis/Lualua.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just as an aside, the chances are that if we win this, we'll be five points clear at the top, as Cardiff play Hull. FIVE points. Perhaps more importantly, we would also probably be about 8 points clear of seventh, with a better GD.

For this reason Mr Hughton, please pick a team that will absolutely smash Rotherham. Please. They took 4 points off us last season, and that nob Steve Evans is the manager. You really shouldn't need much motivation. :)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think too much is currently made of left-side/right-side CBs. I see both Dunk and Hunemeier as able to play on both sides.

No doubt at all. But not unnaturally most are better/more effective one side or the other. Play to strengths if you can......?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Talk of Evans going to Peterborough.

He is declining to comment until after our game.

Let's hope he goes out with a Rotherham LOSS.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
With Lua Lua suspended and a few players looking exhausted, changes are inevitable. Will you pick our benched England U21 stars? Will you give Elvis his debut? Is it time to bring back Dunk and where does Albion legend Bobby Zamora fit in? Here is my team. I really won't mind if you want to change it although if you bring Holla into central midfield, you'll get a thumbs down!

--------------- Stockdale --------------
Rosenior --- Dunk --- Uwe --- Bong
Murphy - Stephens - Ince - Elvis
--------- Zamora -- Baldock ----------

why o why o why o why o why o why o would you do anything other than a like for like replacement for KLL. Kayal is just awesome and was still running full length into stoppage time and Bruno has not played internationals. Don't change nothing. Winger in and winger on bench. Get result, end of.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
No doubt at all. But not unnaturally most are better/more effective one side or the other. Play to strengths if you can......?

Left-/right-side CBs has just been discussed widely of late, whereas I don't remember too much of it in the past. What I didn't say is that I suspect Greer wouldn't be quite as comfortable on the left-side, so there's something in it. I just think that the quality of defending is more important, and that most (or, more likely, all) CBs would play in either position if they were asked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here