Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on Sodexo, dreadful food today

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My Strongbow was delicious :drink:

It's a good thing that people are back to bitching about catering and transport instead of Semi's clueless tactics.

A good point well made.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
The one vegetarian option is absolutely rank! I try to eat at home first but it's not always possible. The cheese and onion pasty is the driest thing known to mankind.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I had a brace of Sainsburys cheese and onion pasties handed to me wrapped in foil yesterday by my mother's boyfriend, to save from spending 4 nuggets on the supposedly same-flavoured waterless brick the club have on offer. Went down rather well twice and seems the best way of going about things from now on grub-wise. Not the end of the world, but the catering should be better.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
They don't have enough beer stalls outside. Many just want a few pints and don't really want to que up in the kiosk in the concourse. It would alleviate the queues pre game. Most of the time it's the till staff that are slow and haven't got a clue. I've got to the point of saying can I have any pie available or if not then a burger. So something shows up. At 2.30 in the EU we had 2 yes 2 chicken chorizo pies left, no other hot food at all. Then I got a pint of Harvey's that had bizarrely an inch head on it. If it would be a pub you'd have sent it back! It's just rubbish but I've come to that conclusion now, that it just always is. I'm sure there are other venues around that seem to deal ok with ques and staff know what they are doing. I still think the key is giving staff a bit more training on the till. 30 minutes as opposed to 5, and maybe paying 50p an hour more. I had to convince the girl on the till that Apple pay will work, she wanted to get a manager, I said just put it through as contactless, reluctently she did. So the training and the club should make more beer available outside. Even have a Sodexo kiosk outside so that it takes queues away from the concourses. Anything is worth a go really.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Never been that bad, biggest game of the season and they have 4 useless servers, absolute disgrace

I must say I have never been impressed with Dicks either before or after a game or even when there wasnt a game on and I have visited the shop or ticket office. It is however not a problem as I go to watch a football match not meet pals in a bar.

It is rather interesting that my 3 sons got refused entry and nicked up north some years ago for 'attending a sports stadium having consumed alcohol' It was a large amount but the charge sheet didnt say any amount or level. They got a conditional discharge eventually when it went to court. This after being released after the last train had left on Saturday night.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Tens of thousands of refugees homeless and penniless fleeing for their lives in many cases and this is what people have to worry about - what a selfish, self indulgent nation we have become.

Have you heard of a Country called USA. You can thank them for the mess. It's usually us that is asked to pick up the pieces!. So we don't need a lecture about refugees!.
Funny how so many of them have such big familes for such a poverty state, Maybe if they stopped breeding faster then rats, then they wouldn't have so many shortages to go around!.

AND my beer was warm yesterday, Which i had spent my hard earned cash on!. not from benefits!.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
I
It seems a bit churlish to moan about the food on a matchday when there were much more important considerations. But I am getting seriously hacked off with the Sodexo fare. My default choice of Piglets chicken, ham and leek pie has gone. My second option of the cheeseburger with a touch of salad and a tasty bun has also gone. So forced to compromise, I went for the cheese burger with coleslaw salad. Purchased at 1,.30 pm, I thought 'must be fresh'. Oh dear, the bun was so hard, it might have been stale. The burger was burnt and not very warm and the cheese was possibly changing in to something else judging by the look of it. As I started to eat this tepid mass, I realised' no coleslaw'. Took it back and after a discuusion round the back of the counter, it was agreed to manhandle some coleslaw over my rapidly cooling burger. Not surprisingly it was cold as well by now. I don't want chicken and choritzo or steak and ale pie, nor do I fancy sausage roll or chees pasty. But the chicken pie on the pop up stand at the last match was wonderful. My burger was like it had been cooked and standing since midday in readiness for the game. Come on Sodexo, put some effort in!

..... "a bit"...

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Have you heard of a Country called USA. You can thank them for the mess. It's usually us that is asked to pick up the pieces!. So we don't need a lecture about refugees!.
Funny how so many of them have such big familes for such a poverty state, Maybe if they stopped breeding faster then rats, then they wouldn't have so many shortages to go around!.

AND my beer was warm yesterday, Which i had spent my hard earned cash on!. not from benefits!.

Agreed

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Has anyone mentioned Gulls fish bar at Moulescombe yet? Just a 20min walk or 10min bus ride away, plenty of choice, bigger portions, and cheaper too.

Better value for money all round.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
If as many people as possible stop buying food and drink at the ground, a) it might make them raise their game, and b) those who are still buying would face smaller queues and less things would run out.

If the club gets a fixed income from the catering company, or even if they get a small proportion of takings on top, it wouldn't make much difference to club income.

Just have some food and beers on the way to the game- cheaper better and easier, plus it helps out anyone who does for some reason as a last resort have to buy something in the stadium..

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

I must say I have never been impressed with Dicks either before or after a game or even when there wasnt a game on and I have visited the shop or ticket office. It is however not a problem as I go to watch a football match not meet pals in a bar.

It is rather interesting that my 3 sons got refused entry and nicked up north some years ago for 'attending a sports stadium having consumed alcohol' It was a large amount but the charge sheet didnt say any amount or level. They got a conditional discharge eventually when it went to court. This after being released after the last train had left on Saturday night.

Are you Alan Partridge:moo:
No way you have pals:ohmy:
Its not interesting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here