Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on Sodexo, dreadful food today

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Tens of thousands of refugees homeless and penniless fleeing for their lives in many cases and this is what people have to worry about - what a selfish, self indulgent nation we have become.

Yes, how dare anyone moan about poor service and food, when they have spent their HARD EARNED MONEY at the AMEX.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
There's not a lot wrong with the food and drink, it's just the training of the counter staff that needs to improve.
The poor chap yesterday didn't understand the concept of putting hot water onto coffee granules.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why cant people just accept that the food offered is poor. If you must have food in either take it with you from home or buy it at Brighton station before hand or the outside kiosks. If sales drop off PB will soon improve it.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Tens of thousands of refugees homeless and penniless fleeing for their lives in many cases and this is what people have to worry about - what a selfish, self indulgent nation we have become.
I bet the guys and Girls who are moaning about catering on NSC also do lot for charity we are in Democracy so we can have freedom of speech. This country has always been Brillant when it comes to helping out in any disasters around the world. So I will still have a opinion on the catering as it is our hard earned cash which we spend. We are proud of our new Stadium and want the best for our fans and I am sure TB would agree.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
My Strongbow was delicious :drink:

It's a good thing that people are back to bitching about catering and transport instead of Semi's clueless tactics.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I bet the guys and Girls who are moaning about catering on NSC also do lot for charity we are in Democracy so we can have freedom of speech. This country has always been Brillant when it comes to helping out in any disasters around the world. So I will still have a opinion on the catering as it is our hard earned cash which we spend. We are proud of our new Stadium and want the best for our fans and I am sure TB would agree.

Well said.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Crossed my mind a few times yesterday that we all need to be a bit more understanding - when real tragedy can put finger pointing and yelling at opposition fans into it's true context.

But I'll admit I was also surprised to see only two bar staff trying to cope with a six deep throng of people badly wanting to spend money after the match, when five staff at least were required. Something is not right there - way too many stewards everywhere but way too few bar staff. Someone at the club must also be aware of this stuff, and also not mind it being mentioned, even at a difficult time.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Queue was about 15 deep at half time and I was near the back of it. Took around 15 mins and the queue dropped to around 10-11. Gave up and went back to me seat. Oh and the 2nd half had just kicked off. There were plenty of people not getting served and returning to their seats.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I don't normal purchase food but I always keep an eye on how the club is delivering refreshments to our fans as its important to the club coffers and its image. I was a bit disappointed that the club kiosk pie and pint on the WSU was closed and new one further along must have sold out it was closed at half time,. I hope they are putting extra facilities on for the Rugby World Cup because the currant facilities won't be enough. However it's a lot better than the Goldstone and you could get chips at Withdean.:drama::fishing::spam:

Do the rugby crowds like eating currants then?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It would be useful to have people that understand English working on the food/drink counters.

In the WSL after the match I tried to buy a Capri Sun soft drink for my son, after a game of charades with the non English speaking lady serving me I finally go the drink.
Then asked for some Pringles, 1 tub of Sour Cream and got given 2 tubs, another lady had to help with changing the till to 1 tub.

Asked for a pint of Kronenbourg and half a Strongbow, got given 2 pints of Kronenburg.
I then tried to tell her she had also got that wrong and another member of staff had to help with the order.

Maybe laminated photos of food and drink on the counter would be helpful, I could just point at the items. :)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It would be useful to have people that understand English working on the food/drink counters.

In the WSL after the match I tried to buy a Capri Sun soft drink for my son, after a game of charades with the non English speaking lady serving me I finally go the drink.
Then asked for some Pringles, 1 tub of Sour Cream and got given 2 tubs, another lady had to help with changing the till to 1 tub.

Asked for a pint of Kronenbourg and half a Strongbow, got given 2 pints of Kronenburg.
I then tried to tell her she had also got that wrong and another member of staff had to help with the order.

Maybe laminated photos of food and drink on the counter would be helpful, I could just point at the items. :)
Dicks was a f***ing disgrace before the game, queuing out the door!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here