Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton backs FA's handling of Livermore drugs case [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ALBION boss Chris Hughton has supported the Football Association's handling of Jake Livermore's drugs case.
The FA will not be banning the Hull City midfielder after he tested positive for cocaine in April.
A lengthy report, outlining the reasons for clearing Livermore, referred to the "unique circumstances" of his case, including details of his newborn son's death in May last year.

Hughton coached Livermore when he was working his way through the ranks at Spurs and was linked with a loan move for the player while in charge of Norwich.
Hughton said: "It's a difficult one to respond to because we don't know the cirumstances.
"The FA would have made a decision on the information they know, which is privy to them and not privy to us.
"One thing I can say is I know the lad very, very well and in the time I've known him, even as a youngster, he's a talented player and he's always been a model professional.
"I'm quite sure the FA have dealt with it in the appropriate manner with the information that they have."
Livermore resumed light training with Hull yesterday but is not expected to be involved in tomorrow's table-topping clash against Albion at the Amex.
The Seagulls will go into Tuesday's home game against bottom club Rotherham still on top of the Championship table unless they lose to second-placed Hull.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here