Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC unbloodybelievable!

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Top banana to the club all round.

Things like this generate such a huge amount of goodwill to the club in general and cost relatively little. Great work.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Didn't T Soprano have 130-something for his post about his dad's last-ever match at the Blackburn game the other week?

130 :thumbsup:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Excellent news. Well done BHAFC again.

And I hope your hip is coming #together well.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Although people might moan about the corporate/marketing stuff, that is what a lot of the stuff on here is about. I did a (the professional) qualification in marketing many years ago, and a basic definition of marketing would be finding out what people need and making it available to them at a price they can afford or are comfortable with. Isn't that what is going on here?
The way I learnt it, marketing was the business of understanding and satisfying customer needs, profitably. For me, these recent gestures by the club of considerate, responsive customer service would belong under the oft-misunderstood and much-maligned umbrella of PR.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
You may have seen my post about changing mine and my sons seats for his first game due to my busted hip.
They've just rang me to say they are currently putting another seat into the wheelchair section of the east stand!

Just so we can watch the game!

Incredible.
Logistically this week must be frantic for the club and for them to do this for us, I just find it amazing.
What a football club we all have.

Cheers
#together

This is the final straw - BARBER OUT

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The way I learnt it, marketing was the business of understanding and satisfying customer needs, profitably. For me, these recent gestures by the club of considerate, responsive customer service would belong under the oft-misunderstood and much-maligned umbrella of PR.

When I was a PR man the marketing manager said that he earned the money and I spent it, so I guess you're right.

In truth, good PR will often earn money long term. Gestures like these to supporters increase the warmth and sense of connection that they have with the business and that can only be good for trade.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I don't think the two "definitions" were mutually exclusive. It's mainly perhaps about not selling people things they don't need, so is entirely ethical. But I take your point about PR - although Customer Service/Customer care is part of the whole purchased package.

But whatever, the club done good.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Reading the original thread it appears some thanks also to Edna for contacting Tom about it, well done to both of them in helping this come about.

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
Reading the original thread it appears some thanks also to Edna for contacting Tom about it, well done to both of them in helping this come about.

Yep already PM'd Edna to thank her and been in email conversations with Tom Gorringe and Sam Frost who have sorted everything out for us. 😊

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yep already PM'd Edna to thank her and been in email conversations with Tom Gorringe and Sam Frost who have sorted everything out for us. ��

Great to hear.

I was on crutches (with a knackered knee that I couldn't bend) for the Charlton game last year, and I asked if we could be moved from our normal seats in the family stand to somewhere else, and the club moved us so that the two Jnr Bobkins were front row of the bit in front of the disabled section at the North West Corner, and I was on one of the seats in that disabled section. I honestly didn't expect to go to that bother, but was very grateful that they did.

Yours is another superb story and yet another example of the club going that little bit further.

Enjoy the game!

you may have seen my post about changing mine and my sons seats for his first game due to my busted hip.
They've just rang me to say they are currently putting another seat into the wheelchair section of the east stand!

Just so we can watch the game!

Incredible.
Logistically this week must be frantic for the club and for them to do this for us, i just find it amazing.
What a football club we all have.

Cheers
#together

tbf its in their interest to have good pr,the past regimes were pretty rubbish at this which makes the current bunch look top notch:wink:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
tbf its in their interest to have good pr,the past regimes were pretty rubbish at this which makes the current bunch look top notch:wink:

The "current bunch" as you put it, not only "look top notch".......they ARE top notch.

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
No, the hip 3 lovely screws. When I fall I do a proper job, no half arsed rolling around like these namby pamby soccer ball wimps 😊.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here