Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fish and chips at the Amex

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Had fish & chips once last season. Very good quality but a tad expensive at £7. But you do pay a premium for most things at the stadium.

Fish and chips in Haywards Heath are nearly that now. The chippy going into Brighton down Lewes Rd is it Gulls or Seagulls is probably dearer than that. I bought some in there once after a game never again too expensive.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Had the fish and chips once before and good God it was good. Massive crispy fish and decent chips. I'd definitely have it again

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Sing Li- love this place because the people who run it are comedy and nothing has been done to the place for about 20 years. The vinegar is served from a coke bottle with holes poked in to the lid.

Food and drink at the ground, in general is poor value and involves silly queuing inside the stadium.

Luckily, you can bring as much food and booze with you as you like- you just need to finish the booze before you go into the stadium.

The Swan is a good option too.

Unless you LOVE queuing- no point trying to buy anything inside the Amex.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
The pizza van at Brighton Station is a great option. Some of the best pizza in the city, cheap, and easy to carry over to the train queue with a few beers from an offy

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I too have only had the Fish and Chips once and both Fish and Chips were good, as others have said about a pound more than Lewes Shops which is fair enough.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Had some before the Forest game. Bit of a long wait but we thought was really good. Decent size portions and because all fresh cooked, tasted good as well. Sat on the grass by the ramp leading up to the west stand in the sun, very pleasant.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Do they sell any thing else besides fish as that may be our only option to eat tonight ?
Definitely do quite nice chicken chunks and chips as they are Moshe Jnr's delicacy of choice ...

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The quality is extremely variable (average to poor). Last time we tried the fish and chips both were inedible as were just a greasy mess. It's pricier than our local chippy for half the portion size and very poor quality. Stick to the pies inside the ground is my advice as they are excellent.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I had the fish and chips for the last night game, for the first time. I wish I could say something pleasant but it was a bloody awful meal.

Fish was more or less rigid in its batter and the slither of white flesh inside that was dry and tasteless.

I don't expect a gourmet experience at a football ground but it would be nice to derive some enjoyment from what's served up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just a thought for you the chippie next door to The Hikers is ok and then either a 15 min walk to the ground or bus from the corner of Lewes Rd and Coldean Lane.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here