Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marvin Sordell

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
To think Stuart Pearce passed on David Beckham so he could have Marvin Sordell in the GB 2012 Olympic Team, this is further proof Pearce never had a clue as a manager.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
To think Stuart Pearce passed on David Beckham so he could have Marvin Sordell in the GB 2012 Olympic Team, this is further proof Pearce never had a clue as a manager.

I read somewhere that when he wrote out his team for his first game in charge at Forest his wife pointed out that he hadn't selected a goalkeeper.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I read somewhere that when he wrote out his team for his first game in charge at Forest his wife pointed out that he hadn't selected a goalkeeper.

I can believe that. Probably around the time he tried to sign Benson and Hedges on loan.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Just been released by Burnley. Only 24, big strong striker, played for team GB at the Olympics. Unless he's been released with a view to another club already, if CH is still, as quoted, in the the market for a striker, he could do a hell of a lot worse?

He's dreadful.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
If that's the case the Albion should definitely make a move for him.

I cant be the only person concerned about the team having a rigid structure, built with square pegs in square holes.
It just doesn't seem right, KFC aside, we could end up with the entire squad 'doing a job' and nobody to moan at.

Oh how I long for the days of Barnes playing as a 'holding' left winger. [emoji38]
So what you're saying is that we need an Obika, Paynter or Lita type figure?

#Bringbackthedross?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So what you're saying is that we need an Obika, Paynter or Lita type figure?

#Bringbackthedross?

I'm just concerned in all my years of supporting the Albion, I could end up with nobody to boo. :lolol:

#bringbackKevinBremner.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Back on topic he's absolutely HOPELESS. Would be mentioned in the same breath as Obika and Best for several years. If he does end up at Bolton they're royally screwed but I suspect he's off to lead the line for the Dog and Duck.

I completely agree with this. :bowdown:

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
There's no way that the goggle eyed tosser will be coming back to Bolton.

We had street parties to celebrate just managing to get rid of him.....actually getting some money for him was astonishing.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
He's not a "big, strong" striker at all, he's the same height as CMS and plays on the shoulder of the defence. He IS rubbish though. Hasn't done anything of note since a mildly promising breakthrough season at Watford several years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here